• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC's success in senior cricket are usually down to progression planning and grooming good young talent from Dev level, getting them ready to replace those retiring out of the Senior side. I often don't care about Dev results. Right now we're in a transition phase - a lot of good youngsters like Ghani, Younis and Chester, have just transitioned full time into the senior side, and that's left some gaping holes in our Dev XI.

We've got good potentials in there, but actual performance is going to hurt for a while. Halliday is the only 21 year old left and I think he might not last the entire CWC6 either.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Completely different 'strategy', if you want to call our attempts that than our teams. Virtually all DEV players so very little changeover in our squads from CWC5 to CWC6 although Winton will see a couple players turn 22 halfway through - the bowler will be a loss but is replaceable and arguably their lower order batting will be the biggest miss. Our batsman will be a big miss however. Also a batsman-keeper we recently bought who is 21 - we really need a keeper long term as we've had a couple turn 22 recently.

Charminster - whilst I think they are a weaker side than Winton - and still a bit baffled by ranking although Ataraxia's explanation was appreciated and makes sense - they are probably more settled - spinner turns 22 soon but we have another solid spinner in reserve - rest of side should be first-choice throughout - the bowling looks solid, the batting we are reliant on the top order and will be seeing if I can find a decent batter who can play a long term role too as Charminster really needs it.

cnerd123

likes this
FHK's 18 year old opening bat Jeremy Tam has played 70 innings across all formats (friendlies included) without having crossed 50 once.

He gets to 48 today vs ZCC in the CWC6 prep game, but then has a terrible bout of nerves. dot, dot, dot, hits it to the outfield and takes one, calls back his vice captain for 2 but ends up running him out!

Then on 49 he plays 8 more dot balls, before attempting to attack a straight ball. He misses it and is given out LBW.

Poor kid lol. That first 50 will have to wait...

ataraxia

International Coach
AXI has a bloated Dev side ATM due to a generation of future stars who are 15–19. The bloat helps for CWC6, with our Dev friendly ExP up 10–15K from the competitive. No genuine stars in there but 12 players who are 30+ skill in at least one discipline. Rusty aging out of Dev this week sadly, will be sorely missed.

Couple of pops recently: Ludlow up to 42 (woop woop!) and AX-W's Felix O'Callaghan to 37 bat. He will be a wildcard in the competition; I believe I've posted this before:

1663471271872.png

Attachments

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TNT getting hammered in Cup. TMOs won their cup game in a sensible fashion.

Spent some monies last night to get another young not quite as gifted Davidson, from Pakistan. Still think it is as a bargain, poor fielding and all because it cost me less than a $1M... which is pretty good on this market.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah I had presumed given the force your sides normally are in CWC that your Zor*x side would be stronger, I went a bit too strong with my line-up for our recent DEV friendly in hindsight.
Where was the
GROUP A: The Merry Orangutans (@StephenZA), Moooo (@SillyCowCorner1), AtaraX Wellington (@ataraxia), Honest Hunks (@honestbharani)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=156 = Pool A

GROUP B: Charminster CC (@JOJOXI), GG CC (@SillyCowCorner1), Zor*x CC (@cnerd123), Plymouth Pirates (@Jarquis)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=158 = Pool B

GROUP C: Dynamo Schmaltzberg (@Magrat Garlick), The Wild Geese (@Charlie B), Free HK (@cnerd123), AtaraXIa (@ataraxia)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=159 = Pool C

GROUP D: Jura CC (@Charlie B), Ashgrove Astronauts (@Jarquis), Winton CC (@JOJOXI), Dynamo Morpork (@Magrat Garlick)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=160 = Pool D
Thanks for putting this together - great to read everyone's thoughts (or excuses! :laugh: ) in advance. DEV is so volatile of course. Jura used to have a (relatively) impressive DEV team because our squad began as all 16 and 17 years old. Now that some have reached senior level we are 'going off the boil' in the cycle. The Wild Geese (formerly The Buy Ins) started as a bunch of cheap veterans and the DEV side was a dire gaggle of 16-year-old green shoots. So they are slowly improving on the 'up' cycle

Anyway, really looking forward to following both teams and hoping one can scrape through to the final 8 on skill and/or luck! Thanks JOJO

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Apologies - The Merry Orangutans (@StephenZA) and AtaraX Wellington (@ataraxia) I sent the wrong link for Group A - I will update the post with correct link but the link is https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=157

I initially made the mistake of putting Group A as a SOD competition rather than DEV competition - corrected it by making a new competiion but didn't update the link in the Stumped post I was collating at time

cnerd123

likes this
A really good couple of wins in the cup yesterday for ZCC and FHK. Samra and Ghani hammered us to a successful chase of 301 with relative ease, while Jamal Madani put in his career best batting effort to take FHK to a defendable score, following which Lester Shum tore through the opposition with 4 cheap wickets.

Round 3 here we come!

ataraxia

International Coach
AXI have won all 12 competitive games thus far in this season. Pray the streak continues...

Callum Wilde recording 6-6, the 2nd best AXI analysis evah, to defend a low total in div 3 dev against the team Ashgrove lost the Cup match too is pleasing.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TNT won their dev against bot which is good.... TMOs lost theirs against the Etive; but this was expected particularly after I decided to rest the main dev players after yesterdays cup comp.

TMOs have also spent a $1M in the last 3 days on new players... 1 bat, 1 bowl and a wk... so at least have my three dev players for the season sorted if I pick nothing else up...

Last edited:

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
i smell something fishy about a new team Saudia Arabia fan - currently has a squad of 65 players and then seems to be selling players on at large profits - one team budding on a player is itself 5 days old- anyone noticed?

Players being bought and then sold immediately that possibly dont seem to warrant the value they are bought for by brand newly formed teams - not clever enough myself to puzzle it together!

Suspect may be something to do with Melbourn Redbacks as if you look at their transfer activity it is the same pattern and they also just significantly overpaid for a player of Saudia Arabia

I have mentioned it to Tonks- he thinks it looks odd and is reviewing it with Alan

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC are dead last in their Dev 2.2 league, with just 1 point from their 4 games.

Meanwhile FHK just beat Moooo in a thriller by 2 wickets.

FHK is also in SOD Div 1 and doing well, so clearly the superior of the two clubs at the moment. Maybe I need to take ZCC down the homegrown route as well...