• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I have sent a request to Plymouth Pirates for a game on Tuesday 23rd August 22:00 - @Jarquis
@Jarquis - have deleted this match and sent another friendly request for Thursday 25th August 23:00 not certain what my default line-up will be - no more fixtures to set a lineup for this season and set as default either and not sure how much I'll be around between now and Tuesday evening

cnerd123

likes this
the ZCC and FHK Dev Invitational Tournaments are showing just how far behind our two Dev teams are atm. Lots of very young raw talent in both. Might need to recruit a couple of ringers to add in some steel to ZCC. Not sure what I can do for FHK tho.

ataraxia

International Coach
Schmaltzberg-Wellington is 6.00 tomorrow.

Three matches for AXI v cnerd teams. Against ZCC, we collapsed for 170 batting first. Against FHK, we chased down 250 fairly comfortably. Random 50 in there for Saadi, selected for a SOD after seasons for little reason. Wonderful 100 for Dee, and twin 50s for Winton. Then there was a group effort from the sloggers to compile a total against FHK in the Dev Inv, before Kaiser's 9BQs helped in a demolition.

Good idea for the tournament btw! I'm considering running CWC6 or 7 as a SOD k-o tournament (maybe after we've all been wiped out of the actual Cup :)). Is there any interest for this?

cnerd123

likes this
That chase vs FHK was very good. I thought 250 would be enough but Saadi and Dee's platform won it for your guys. Not often that Lester goes wicketless for 7 RPO at home! ZCC's performance was clinical tho. I'm liking this new SOD combination we've got. No Arif or Sajith, plenty of youngsters, and a throw-back to having the 5th bowler's overs filled in by batting allrounders.

Regarding CWC - I'd like CWC6 to be Dev format, keeping in line with the pattern we've established. Then CWC7 will go back to SOD.

The actual structure is up for debate. I'd like for us to push for another recruitment drive before CWC6 and see if we can get some more managers signed up. It is the start of the new in-game season, so it's actually the perfect time to sign up. The Dev format in CWC is also ideal for new players - a smaller gap between them and the established clubs, plus by focusing on their Dev XIs they're setting a strong foundation for their club in the long run.

Depending on how many teams sign up, we can then come up with a structure. I'm happy with a long league phase into the play-offs structure, but if other managers feel that CWC5 dragged on a bit and would prefer a shorter group stage then maybe we can do that.

A stand-alone SOD KO contest once we're all knocked out of the cup is a good idea too. Maybe brand it as the the CW Cup? :P A straight SOD KO contest, played on Sundays like the actual Cup, a bit of a consolation prize for not being able to win the real thing...

cnerd123

likes this
So ZCC are still in search of a groundsman, and we picked up a 31 year old off the TM for 1k.

Offered him a groundsman's job, and such is our luck that he turns out to have the exact same skillset as our current groundsman...

1661159264920.png

Sigh. The search continues...

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somehow promoted in SOD.

Keen to see where my DEV team ends up this year. Approaching 50k but lack of batting talent will hold us back.

cnerd123

likes this
FHK's Jeroen Coetzee cleans up Ollie Smit's stumps, only for Branning to come in and thump 3 consecutive boundaries to end the over. That's some way to start your innings!

AXI 48/3 in 8. Wicket seems a decent one to bat, AXI will want at least 130 from here.

ataraxia

International Coach
Good pair in the middle in Winton + Murdoch, but despite the six consecutive fours TMOs are well on top. Hope we manage to eke out 160 or something near it, as we seem to always do no matter the situation! Got to go now unfortunately...

cnerd123

likes this
double wicket over in the 11th over brings TMO right back into this! Half the side dismissed here - can AXI's lower/middle order salvage the innings?

cnerd123

likes this
A flurry of 26 runs in 11 balls is followed by yet another wicket! Ncanana scattering Murdoch's stumps, AXI 109/6 entering into the final 5 overs. Not much batting to come, can they survive the innings?