• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs dropping 5 in the last 6 overs...

Edit: +4 Lucky to still be there, +1 missed stumping, lots of slogging and about 50 runs more because the RNG generator decided that everything should favour the opposition...

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC got a good win in the dev to pull out of the relegation zone, but FHK are on the verge of going down to Div 3. Which would be pretty funny given we've locked up promotion to SOD Div 1. Shows the gulf between our Golden Generation and the next batch coming through!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
@SillyCowCorner1 - I've got a reply back from @Charlie B on Stumped - you are supposed to be away from home as you finished 2nd in the league phase and The Buy-Ins won the Group A League Phase.

Bolded for Sake of Clarity - The game currently scheduled on 9 August 11:00 between The Buy-Ins and Moo won't count towards competition - if you could reschedule that would be appreciated.

You should also have a message from @Charlie B on Stumped.

I'm going to do a review of current schedule in a moment but other games still to be scheduled.

JOJOXI

Eliminators

Gold Eliminators (1st-3rd)

The Buy-Ins vs Moooo - TO BE ARRANGED
ataraXIa vs Zor*x CC - ataraXIa won by 6 wickets - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1618465

Winners to Semi-Finals
Losers to Eliminators

1st Qualifier Loser vs The Merry Orangutans
Zor*x CC vs Jura CC - TO BE ARRANGED - @cnerd123 @Charlie B

Silver Eliminators (4th-6th)
Ashgrove Astronauts vs Winton CC - Winton won by 80 runs - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1618477
Free HK vs Dynamo Morpork - Free HK won by 40 runs -
Winners to Semi-Finals
Losers to Eliminators

Ashgrove Astronauts vs GG CC - TO BE ARRANGED - @SillyCowCorner1 @Jarquis
Dynamo Morpork vs Honest Hunks - TO BE ARRANGED @honestbharani @Magrat Garlick

Bronze Eliminators (7th-9th)
AtaraX Wellington vs Charminster CC - Charminster won by 30 runs - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1618473
Dynamo Schmaltzberg vs The Net Theorists - TO BE ARRANGED

Winners to Semi-Finals
Losers to Eliminators

AtaraX Wellington vs Shri's Croquette Team - TO BE ARRANGED @ataraxia @Shri - Ataraxia if you can arrange a friendly with Shri please - maybe scheduled for start of next week to give him time - @cnerd123 would Shri be able to log back in?

In the case Shri is unable/not wanting to log back in then AtaraX Wellington will get a bye.

2nd Qualifier Loser vs Plymouth Pirates

@Magrat Garlick @StephenZA - I have just messaged you both on Stumped as well about arranging Dynamo Schmaltzberg v The Net Theorists

Last edited:

JOJOXI

2 things

Firstly I've noticed it hasn't been clarified which side will face who in the semi-finals. My thought process currently is that the winner of first qualifier plays winner of second eliminator and vice-versa to prevent potentially many repeat match-ups from the qualifier to the semi-final. Any other thoughts on this let me know

Secondly, let me know if you want individual playoffs to decide seeding for CWC6.

@StephenZA @Shri @Jarquis @Magrat Garlick @ataraxia @SillyCowCorner1 @honestbharani @Charlie B @cnerd123

ataraxia

International Coach
I think individual playoffs would be cool.

AXI v ZCC rn, and we're sauntering towards a low target. Perhaps @cnerd123, when playing us you should set more aggressive orders to counter all the Economicals lol.

cnerd123

likes this
God damn what a terrible batting effort again. 144 with only 5 wickets down. I usually bowl first so that this doesn't happen, but the wear in the track spooked me a bit. I supposed 'runs on the board' pressure for KO games isn't a thing when it's just a random friendly to the ME!

Glad we get a 2nd crack at the semis, but was hoping it would not come to that.

cnerd123

likes this
2 things

Firstly I've noticed it hasn't been clarified which side will face who in the semi-finals. My thought process currently is that the winner of first qualifier plays winner of second eliminator and vice-versa to prevent potentially many repeat match-ups from the qualifier to the semi-final. Any other thoughts on this let me know

Secondly, let me know if you want individual playoffs to decide seeding for CWC6.

@StephenZA @Shri @Jarquis @Magrat Garlick @ataraxia @SillyCowCorner1 @honestbharani @Charlie B @cnerd123
Yea that's what I had in mind for the Semi Finals too.

I was thinking the play-offs could be used to seed CWC8 (the next time we play T20s), rather than CWC6 (which will be Dev format). Different formats so the seedings wouldn't necessarily be accurate. Was thinking we go off WRs in Dev format for CWC6 instead. But don't really mind either way tbh.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the match that was scheduled for today, Mooo have the Buy-ins tottering at 24/4 in 5.3 overs.

They were 2 for 4 at one stage, but a good partnership developing here

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An update:

@Charlie B has messaged me on the stumped site and will be sending Mooo a challenge soon. It’s just the wait now.

Now for the other match, GG v AA…

@Jarquis can you please send a challenge anytime. Thanks ?

JOJOXI

Updated matches that have been played in CW knockouts in my last post - had meant to post this earlier

of the 2 games yet to be played - seems like The Buy-Ins v Moo should be scheduled in the next few days. @SillyCowCorner1 - @Charlie B has informed me he will be sending you a friendly request on the evening of the 11th for a match a day or 2 after.

Waiting on @Magrat Garlick in regards to Dynamo Schmaltzberg v The Net Theorists

ataraxia

International Coach
Couple of good Bangladesh YPs, though neither look like to command a long-term spot in the setup.

AX-W's Abhijeet Gajendra. You'd think a death leggie would fit in well with that setup, but we've actually got nice bowling stocks.

1660114020553.png

AXI's Khalid Jan. 40/47 is pretty amazing. Captaincy good as well. However, starting skills, stamina for an AR, base fielding being what I really don't want, the glut of young prospects at AXI, and being a medium pacer will likely combine to him being sent to the TM. Wonder how much he'll get?

1660114110878.png

In the T20, AXI's closest rivals for promotion to div 1 narrow the gap to one point, with one round to go...