• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't think the competition should necessarily be Main Teams in one league and affiliates in another (which was not the case with List B that JoJo produced and then drew disagreement from some managers - reason not given- but we will leave it at that)

I do think that if some teams are going to enjoy the 'pleasure' of having their teams separated so they are not playing each other then that is a pleasure that should be extended to all teams - ' an even playing field of enjoyment' . Sure this is a friendly comp but it really 'the centrepiece of CWC', playing these tournaments over weeks/months and then talking/analysing/discussing them - so that is of some consequence. Therefore , lets give the maximum bang for their buck to all managers equally, not just some of them ,when it is so easily done and impacts our chatter for ongoing weeks (and fits in with many 'home nation tournament draws in real life)

I personally am 100% respectful of all of those who have run/ run a tournament - and they are all run very well indeed in CWC which has made them mutually enjoyable for all .

In that spirit if it is of any use to your efforts JoJo I am more than willing to give up 0, 1 or 2 of my teams from the competition if that assists your logistics. Of course I'd like to play, (we all want to play or we would not spend so much time here, posting and chatting and living in a fictional world where we allow computer created characters to come to life and pretend we are managing a cricket team and budget!) or I would not be here or point out the inconsistency I saw in the Lists - but if it is giving you too much to do JoJo (and i cannot determine that as I have never made or have the brain for such a task) then let me be the one to step up to the plate.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
17 pops for AX-W. Appreciative of the Cup game!

AXI and AX-W are playing TMO and TNT, in the first of a doubleheader tri-series. We're on top in both games, AXI having got to a banging start in pursuit of 142 (Davidson 54 off 34, Brown 6-40 and a run out), and AX-W restricting TNT to just 98 (Fungai 53 off 46).

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moo currently taking on GG in what looks like a repeat of last night's game.

GG setting the foundation for another 300+ score.

145/2 (26.0)

cnerd123

likes this
FHK lost a nailbiter on home turf. 5 fer for LOY defending a sub-par score, they needed 11 off the final over bowled by Andy Li but got it handily :(

Hope our luck turns on Friday!

Also CWC5 starts soon. Hype. T20 format, expecting a lot of upsets.

Are we doing the 3 sets of 3 for Cup, Plate and Spoon for KO stage? 1st in each pool direct to semi-finals, 2nd vs 3rd cross pool qualifier, then semis and finals?

If so the target for ZCC and FHK will be to nab that top 3 finish. 1st place might be tough with Morprok and AXI the favourites in their groups, and I expect JCC, TBI, Astronauts, TMO and GG CC all to provide stiff competition.

SillyCowCorner1

So GG didn't quite finish on a 300+ total. They fell short of 300 by 3 runs.

It was very good death bowling from Tom Toogood and Chaten Kurupath...but somehow Robin Oxley decided to go berserk in the final overs and dominated the 5th wicket partnership with Peter Sutherland...39 (18) of which his contribution was 31 (14)

GG CC - 297/4 (50.0)
E. Levy-- 94 (104)
J. D souza-- 76 (98)
R. Oxley-- 74* (50)

A wicket apiece for Gul, Kurupath, and Veenstra

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I don't think the competition should necessarily be Main Teams in one league and affiliates in another (which was not the case with List B that JoJo produced and then drew disagreement from some managers - reason not given- but we will leave it at that)

I do think that if some teams are going to enjoy the 'pleasure' of having their teams separated so they are not playing each other then that is a pleasure that should be extended to all teams - ' an even playing field of enjoyment' . Sure this is a friendly comp but it really 'the centrepiece of CWC', playing these tournaments over weeks/months and then talking/analysing/discussing them - so that is of some consequence. Therefore , lets give the maximum bang for their buck to all managers equally, not just some of them ,when it is so easily done and impacts our chatter for ongoing weeks (and fits in with many 'home nation tournament draws in real life)

I personally am 100% respectful of all of those who have run/ run a tournament - and they are all run very well indeed in CWC which has made them mutually enjoyable for all .

In that spirit if it is of any use to your efforts JoJo I am more than willing to give up 0, 1 or 2 of my teams from the competition if that assists your logistics. Of course I'd like to play, (we all want to play or we would not spend so much time here, posting and chatting and living in a fictional world where we allow computer created characters to come to life and pretend we are managing a cricket team and budget!) or I would not be here or point out the inconsistency I saw in the Lists - but if it is giving you too much to do JoJo (and i cannot determine that as I have never made or have the brain for such a task) then let me be the one to step up to the plate.
No need for any teams to be given up - I had thought Shri hadn't entered due to an earlier comment in this forum he made although he has since entered competition so we have as initially planned 2 groups of 10 each group with 9 human managers + 1 bot.

With mains/affiliates playing each other in the last CWC I didn't anticipate it being an issue but this was in part why I made a proposal for a structure and asked for thoughts/alternatives so details could ideally be ironed out prior to groups being drawn.

On my end it isn't so much a case of giving me too much to do - setting up a competition is the easier part. The difficult part is the lack of consensus - also If I was to give the same notice as the first time around especially with likes of Honest Hunks and Shri in mind it would also mean delaying the tournament by a week which I'd prefer to avoid at this stage.

Also CWC5 starts soon. Hype. T20 format, expecting a lot of upsets.

Are we doing the 3 sets of 3 for Cup, Plate and Spoon for KO stage? 1st in each pool direct to semi-finals, 2nd vs 3rd cross pool qualifier, then semis and finals?

If so the target for ZCC and FHK will be to nab that top 3 finish. 1st place might be tough with Morprok and AXI the favourites in their groups, and I expect JCC, TBI, Astronauts, TMO and GG CC all to provide stiff competition.

This was idea you suggested previously in response to my initial proposal that I agreed with and no one else opposed.

I like the 2 groups of 9 seeded based on CW rankings, but for KO stage can I suggest:

Eliminators
1st Group A vs 2nd Group B
1st Group B vs 2nd Group A
Winners to Semi-Finals

1st Eliminator Loser vs 3rd Group B
2nd Eliminator Loser vs 3rd Group A
Winners to Semi-Finals

Semi-Finals, Finals.

Gives 1st and 2nd place 2 cracks at making the Semi Finals, while 3rd place gets one go. So it's an incentive to finish in the Top 2 of either group, while actually keeping 6 teams in the running for the title.

The remaining 12 teams can play similar KO stages, with 6 teams in each. So we can go Gold, Silver and Bronze Champions.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
No need for any teams to be given up - I had thought Shri hadn't entered due to an earlier comment in this forum he made although he has since entered competition so we have as initially planned 2 groups of 10 each group with 9 human managers + 1 bot.

With mains/affiliates playing each other in the last CWC I didn't anticipate it being an issue but this was in part why I made a proposal for a structure and asked for thoughts/alternatives so details could ideally be ironed out prior to groups being drawn.

On my end it isn't so much a case of giving me too much to do - setting up a competition is the easier part. The difficult part is the lack of consensus - also If I was to give the same notice as the first time around especially with likes of Honest Hunks and Shri in mind it would also mean delaying the tournament by a week which I'd prefer to avoid at this stage.

This was idea you suggested previously in response to my initial proposal that I agreed with and no one else opposed.
Hi JoJo - well that's good! . I pointed out that some managers got to play their teams in separate leagues and some didn't - so it would be easy to make this the case for all teams ( to be clear Im not advocating a league of mains and a league of affiliates- that has come from elsewhere) - you quickly did that with your new Iist the next day - but it drew disagreement - reason why was not made clear. It's good to know the admin is of little issue.

SillyCowCorner1

Facing ATX is always a challenge for my guys.

It’s like the equivalent of Nigeria playing India.

The world rankings prove that

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Forgot to set orders today but still my Winton CC side doing everything to temper any expectations amongst the locals setting 63/8 in their 20 overs earlier today. Tommy Allison top scoring with 34 not out off 49 and Benjamin Woodford making 9 off 33. It could have been worse, we recovered from 3/5 (no that isn't the wrong way round). Chang Yiu with plenty of fun for Zo*ax CCC with 5/5 and no surprise Z***x CC chased it down with 68 balls and 8 wickets to spare.

Also, Winton CC and Charminster CC open to friendly offers over the next week or so. Will be sending a few of my own in the next 24 hours or so. We are always open to friendly requests but now more so than usual.