• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
Rusty should be bowling fairly well on this pitch, but he, er, didn't. Marsden's just gone, and Bennett's come out swinging too. Captain Smit's taken some blows too.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Just a thought (if everything has not been settled yet) but if you have two teams it would be more interesting to keep them in separate leagues but maybe that gives an unfair advantage compared to those with one team?

Thanks for the work JoJo
I had just used a randomiser for both top seeds, 2nd seeds etc.

I think the below would ensure no one has 2 sides in one group whilst ensuring seeding remains if people wanted it to change to this. There may be other alternative groups that do the same - this is the one with the fewest changes necessary to the already drawn groups.

Thoughts others - for the sake of time zones I think Group A should become Group B and vice-versa if these changes are made and hopefully ataraxia can at least catch some of his senior team

Group A

Z***x CC - 32
Jura CC - 89
Ashgrove Astronauts - 114
Honest Hunks - 124
AtaraX Wellington -139
Moooo - 169
Dynamo Morpork - 174
Charminster CC - 199
The Net Theorists - 223

Group B - 11am start game time (12pm UK time)
Free HK - 44
ataraXia - 46
GG CC - 115
The Merry Orangutans - 117
Dynamo Schmaltzberg - 130
The Buy-Ins - 157
Winton CC - 187
Plymouth Pirates - 205
Shri's Croquet Team - 219

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I think it was fine as it was tbh
Yeah I'm happy with it as it is, just responding in case there is a near-unanimous favouring of changes to groups. I'll see how things are similar time tomorrow but if not a strong chorus of support for changes will copy original groups again in another post for clarity and tag those who still need to sign up.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who’s excited for CUP matches?!

GG CC has to tackle Team Potter in R1, they’re rated a bit higher than us, but I think we can handle them. We have the experience to take us over the line.

Mooo CC, on the other hand will lock horns with a BOT team ?

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it was fine as it was tbh
Yeah I'm happy with it as it is, just responding in case there is a near-unanimous favouring of changes to groups. I'll see how things are similar time tomorrow but if not a strong chorus of support for changes will copy original groups again in another post for clarity and tag those who still need to sign up.
[/QUOTE]
tbh both ataraxia and c nerd already have their two teams split with the original groupings so they are going to favour it remaining that way! Would just have been nice for all of us to have enjoyed that same situation and avoid 'same nation' teams playing each other

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Easy win for TNT today against the bot in R1. Nice start to the campaign.

Not expected for the TMOs to do great. Drawn against a decent side and have not had much luck recently in tough important matches. Hoping for the best though!

SillyCowCorner1

Anti-climatic end that.

***** CC win by 59 runs
The Buy-Ins win by 258 runs
Moooo win by 389 runs
Dynamo Morpork win by 12 runs
The Merry Orangutans win by 5 wickets
Charminster CC win by 305 runs
Plymouth Pirates win by 10 wickets
The Net Theorists win by 10 wickets
GG CC win by 236 runs
Honest Hunks win by 231 runs
Shris Croquette Team win by 175 runs
Jura CC win by 38 runs

We have a few more games for our the rest of the CW teams in this round

AA's and ATX-W have not made it to the next round.

SillyCowCorner1

CUP R1- GG CC V Team Potter

Team Potter won the toss and inserted a star-studded GG CC team for first strike...Bram Human was the first to go after spanking 3 boundaries. He was trapped LBW for 12 (5)
Keith Tindall came in at number 3 to join Ernst Levy. Together, they took the score to 39; Levy would be the next to go, 9 (12)

Jayraj D souza and Tindall added 71 for the 3rd wicket...Robin Oxley came in and just changed the tempo of the innings. He made 100 in 70 balls, and that only set the tone for Peter Sutherland coming in at number 7 and scoring an unbeaten century as well. His was more commanding. He brought up his hundred in 49 balls, but he wasn't finished...until the end of the innings, his highest score in this format, 134* (65 balls, 11x4; 9x6).

414/6 (50.0)

Babar Ijaz struck thrice in his opening spell to leave them 19/3. Hard to come back from that chasing over 400