• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Good win that for @ataraxia, top order collapsed and left too much for the lower/middle order to do. Part-timers bowled well, it was the quicks who were a bit of a let down.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Winton CC set to change approach?

Rumours are coming out of the Winton Cricket Club Ground that the club may be looking at moving towards a younger player-base in coming months. The news comes after manager JoJo Khalifa Thirimanne Ceesay shocked supporters by transfer listing 10 players whilst also leading bids for 7 players at the time of writing and in the running for 3 other youngsters all 20 years of age or younger.

Whilst many of the ten transfer-listed players are lesser-known young players thought to be surplus to requirements, among the higher-profile transfer listed players are 32-year-old batting allrounder Koji Clarke as well as 30 and 26-year-old batsman Nauman Sheikh and Vivian Wyatt. Perhaps the biggest shock of all however is the transfer listing of 24-year-old seamer Steve Siller.

The news seems to follow a sudden shift in philosophy following the signings of promising youngsters Bhautak Bai and Ayaz Latif. As of now it is uncertain what has caused this shift but some in Winton have been left wondering if financial backer Momodou Jagne is set to reduce his financial involvement with the club.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Not much of a future for most of those lads sadly, be surprised if anyone except Wyatt picked up a bid.

Did you consider making a coach out of the 30+ guys? Might save a lot of coaching courses if you spawn a lucky one

Today's DEV matches were grim for Dynamo (well saying that Schmaltzberg haven't given up chasing 271 on a green mamba yet, currently only two down), but Schmaltzberg are playing two longer form friendlies tomorrow which could be fun

JOJOXI

Not much of a future for most of those lads sadly, be surprised if anyone except Wyatt picked up a bid.

Did you consider making a coach out of the 30+ guys? Might save a lot of coaching courses if you spawn a lucky one

Today's DEV matches were grim for Dynamo (well saying that Schmaltzberg haven't given up chasing 271 on a green mamba yet, currently only two down), but Schmaltzberg are playing two longer form friendlies tomorrow which could be fun
Surprised by that thought Siller, Sheikh and Clarke would get bids, Siller with age on his side too. But many of the others I plan on firing if I do not get a bid but just thought if I got a cheeky 1k offer then it saves paying out 2 weeks of wages to fire them

JOJOXI

Surprised by that thought Siller, Sheikh and Clarke would get bids, Siller with age on his side too. But many of the others I plan on firing if I do not get a bid but just thought if I got a cheeky 1k offer then it saves paying out 2 weeks of wages to fire them
And hadn't considered making them a coach but will see how things go as I bidded for a couple of coaches as part of a slight overhaul

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
the market just stalls for anyone above 23 in my experience unless they're low Div1 class - and that probably means high-30s skill. it's a bit of an interesting dynamic because you get better results with these players but they just decline so quickly unless they get both senior games and thereby blocking your youth from experience.

but yeah worth trying to get some money out of other suckers while you still can :ph34r:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In news from the Mooo camp, it seems like manager SillyCowCorner1 wasn’t around to set an order for the DEV match today, and it so happened that we lost by a 100+ runs.

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC pulled of a fluke 1-wicket win in the Dev game chasing 283 today. The move to send Stuart Garner down into the middle order paid off, as he clobbered 96 off 71. He's really only in the squad to help make my Dev team seem less ****, so I'm glad he pulled that off. Shahbaz Furqan with 89 off 76 too.

Our first win in Dev 1.1 this season, perhaps too little too late. Need a few more to stave off relegation, but we're constantly the lowest rated side in the league.

cnerd123

likes this
Full-strength Dev friendly today between ZCC (rating - 41.5K) and FHK (rating - 42.9K)

Yikes.

FHK currently 94/2 in 19 batting first on home turf.

cnerd123

likes this
Surprisingly comfortable win for ZCC there. FHK middle/lower order could not capitalise on the platform set by the top order, ZCC's young spin attack using the conditions well to pick up 5/70 odd between them. Then Shahbaz Furqan and Tim Chester put on a century stand to all but win the game. Tim Chester in particular having a really good game - 2/10 and 52 opening. I don't think he'll amount to much as a batter in senior cricket, but seems to do the job as an opener in Dev and against newer teams, especially on dry pitches.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ndlovu's pace does it again. Backing the boys to chase anything below 250

Congrats to @JOJOXI on winning the dev friendly too, that was a horror show from my kids

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
50 comes up in the 12th over. The biggest challenge for us would be not to lose wickets at regular intervals (which I know will happen.)

cnerd123

likes this
Back to back wins for ZCC in the T20 league! This time vs the 3rd placed side, who outrated us 62k to 58k.

Is this the start of a resurgence?