• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
BUMP BUMP BUMP

So I've resumed playing and this game is so much fun.

And what's really appealing atm is that there are so few human managers, so you've got this close-knit, competitive scene where it doesn't take a lot of time to build a top-level side.

Stuck in Div 2 this season for OD and Dev due to being inactive for basically 90% of the previous season, so time now to climb back up, rebuild my side, and kick some ass.
So been going pretty well. Back in Div 1 in all 3 forms and holding my own. Grooming some great talent, and got a strong core of players. Really lacking depth in certain areas tho. Too reliant on my allrounder, could use another really good batsman who can bowl, and my team's fielding overall is bleh.

cnerd123

likes this
No app

It's a very small game. It's part of the charm. Makes for great rivalries, makes it easier to follow Nat matches since it's not hard to keep track of all the players and managers, makes following the cup easy and also makes it easy for new teams to show up and climb to the top as well.

Mike5181

International Captain
No app

It's a very small game. It's part of the charm. Makes for great rivalries, makes it easier to follow Nat matches since it's not hard to keep track of all the players and managers, makes following the cup easy and also makes it easy for new teams to show up and climb to the top as well.
What's your team name? Division one in all three is pretty great. I tend to forget my youth team exists sometimes.

Rankings-wise I'm the top team in Zimbabwe. Rusty and Arheiner from Cricsim are still going strong as well.

cnerd123

likes this
What's your team name? Division one in all three is pretty great. I tend to forget my youth team exists sometimes.

Rankings-wise I'm the top team in Zimbabwe. Rusty and Arheiner from Cricsim are still going strong as well.
***** CC.

Unique I know. South Africa is pretty shallow, we have bots in our Div 1. Isn't hard to stay up. My side is ranked in the top 20 globally but that's artificially inflated given how easy SA leagues are.

jan

State Vice-Captain
***** no.3 after season 15, congrats.
Human managers number is 258.
Alter strikes have gone bot though :(

cnerd123

likes this
How am I number 3, I haven't logged in for months lmao.

Just goes to show you how bad a manager I am tbh

jan

State Vice-Captain
194 human operated teams atm.
I have been setting absolutely ridiculous orders but keep getting the same results regardless and hanging around no.20 for the past 3 seasons.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Season 21 is over. 307 human managers. Maybe 100 of these being multis though. Match engine still painfully unpredictable. Basic simple improvements still not applied. I know it's a two guys spare time project but...
Let's prepare the roster for season 22! :)

cnerd123

likes this
Season 22 was gun for me. 1st place in SA Div 1.1 for both OD and T20, with a narrow 2nd place finish in the Dev

Season 23 has been rougher - especially in Dev cricket, where I could be facing relegation back to Div 2 for the first time in eons. Still enough time to turn it around, but will take quite a bit of luck as well. Whereas in OD and T20 I may not emerge champion, but I am on track for a decent Top 4 finish.

Savings growing well, but won't be investing in any new players for the time being. Lots of good youth to work with right now - purchased two gun 16 year olds a while back that are just now coming into their own as well.

Been eliminated comprehensively in the cup in Round 1 for two seasons in a row now, and have been struggling in Tier 2 of the Short League friendly series, which is probably an accurate reflection of where my team is at. Despite this, I've hit number 1 globally at some point last season and this one, and currently sit 7th. It's a bit ridiculous.

The game is still really fun to me, but I do wish more people played it. Would help with the stale economy, and I don't like that there are still bot teams in Div 1 of small countries like South Africa, let alone teams showing up now and then who clearly aren't ready for this level.

cnerd123

likes this
Some real buzz around the game now. Rob is back and active, International cricket has resumed, and he's introduced Affiliate Teams - which means a massive uptick in new sides, TM activity, and friendly competitions.

There is some league restructuring planned, as well as a few other new features, so now's a good time as any to sign up if you haven't already.

Mike5181

International Captain
I've created 'Band of the Hawk' after a significant break from the game.

Bit more of a focus on the youth squad than days past. Finding that quite enjoyable, especially with the extension in age range to include 20 year olds. Gives them a bit more time to carve out a career of some sort at that level.

Mainly just concentrating on promoting atm, which is going well. In all four formats I'm looking at moving up to div. 3.

cnerd123

likes this
Doh. Didn't occur to me when I read the post first time around, thought it was a reference or smth

Will challenge with my affiliate

cnerd123

likes this
I'm hosting a Bangladesh Youth Pull contest on Stumped right now.

Basically, I am going to buy membership for users that have the best Bangladeshi Youth Pulls in each of the following four categories:

1) Best Batsman (minimum 10 potential in all 3 batting skills, highest total potential wins)
2) Best Bowler (minimum 10 potential in all 3 bowling skills, highest total potential wins)
3) Best All-rounder (minimum 8 potential in all 6 skills, highest total potential wins)
4) Best Wicketkeeper (minimum 8 potential in all 3 batting skills and 12 in keeping, highest total potential wins - but keeping skill counts twice!)

It's running for 6 weeks starting on Thursday 10th June

If you have a team, or are thinking about joining the game, nows your time to join. 90 days free membership to each of the winners, meaning access to premium content, stats, and team editing tools.