• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
I think it's based purely on performances - you get points for winning and lose points for losing. If you beat a higher ranked team, you get more points than you would if you beat and equal/lower rank team, and vice versa for losing points.

I think there are also different weightings - OD > Cup > T20 > Dev or something like that.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Wow, my squad has 31 players now. Not quite sure how that happened :ph34r:

My DEV season started with 3 losses from 3 (bot!) matches so I might reconsider my strategy in this format. Finding balance between playing high potential youngsters and playing competitive is difficult at this stage of my club's journey.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Season 7 is about to finish soon. Despite having neglected my team's development a bit the squad is shaping out. Now to get promoted to the higher leagues and invest the prizemoney into ground upgrade and coaching courses. A few high potential youngsters would do too.
Frustrating - especially for someone not coming from other cricket manager games - but still catchy.

More managers needed btw, sign up or gtfo!

jan

State Vice-Captain
Last week of the 8th season is ahead. There have been some nice upgrades of the game recently :thumbsup:

cnerd123

likes this
I'm just logging in to keep the side alive. Don't feel like properly running the team. Got a few talented youngsters playing and being coached, and 20 mill in the bank. Whenever I do return, I'll be ready to dominate SA Div 1s again ;)

jan

State Vice-Captain
The manager population of 291 could use a boost .)
Still impossible to buy good players. Talented youngsters are recruited rarely. Coaching puzzles me to no end. Too many new managers turn bot regularly...still playing though :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can buy good but flawed players for not much. Anyone even slightly better goes for an absolute fortune. And slightly better than that goes for an obscene amount.

It's a bit laughable though when 60mph medium pacers are taking 5-fers in international matches though.

jan

State Vice-Captain
You can buy good but flawed players for not much. Anyone even slightly better goes for an absolute fortune. And slightly better than that goes for an obscene amount.

It's a bit laughable though when 60mph medium pacers are taking 5-fers in international matches though.
Very well said.
You play too, Scaly?

cnerd123

likes this
Resumed with my old side. Rebuilt the squad. Looks a decent XI with some very promising youngsters. Need to get back into Div 1 and regain my titles.

Scaly piscine

Very well said.
You play too, Scaly?
Yep. Only been playing since middle of last year though.

Stumped's server company managed to delete their website for those wondering why you haven't been able to get on their site.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Major ****-up by the hosting company, hundreds of sites affected.
England is a populated nation (unlike SA), how have you been doing? Any prodigious talents you sold for millions?

Scaly piscine

Nah I got one good youth when I started, a 17/16/15 bat/Opener. He's 13+ across the board. Had to buy my way to a decent squad. Hit 54k/55k and lots of low 40s potential youths.

The reset is going to **** me over, not sure how much. The host is useless but they should have backed everything up at the end of season 9 at least.

jan

State Vice-Captain
55K rating sounds like you coming from Battrick/FTP?
I was in div1 in all three formats before the crash, not so sure about it with 2 months re-roll back.
Feel free to challenge my (eponymous) team, always ready to lose a game due to multiple run-outs or my best bowler's atrocious performance in conditions most suited to his skills (:

Scaly piscine

I played and left Battrick/FTP many years ago. Have no real interest in them.

Stumped I only joined about 9 months ago.

Scaly piscine

Lost my transfers on a keeper, batsman, 2 youth bats. But none of them were massive upgrades/bargains particularly.

Still in pretty much the same divisions. Main thing is I got my nasty combo seamer just before the first server balls up.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I lost 5 young guys who were supposed to became the core of my dev squad. Also lost one promotion. Not to mention the coaching, some of my bowlers are starting season 10 with -3 skills compared to before the crash :(

Scaly piscine

Forgot about two bowlers I bought as well. At one of the guys I'm selling is going for more than last time.

jan

State Vice-Captain
There are 451 human managers at the moment. Not sure what sparked this influx but pleased ofc.

My season is doing down the drain as only now my losses in the crash start to make serious impact :(

cnerd123

likes this
BUMP BUMP BUMP

So I've resumed playing and this game is so much fun.

And what's really appealing atm is that there are so few human managers, so you've got this close-knit, competitive scene where it doesn't take a lot of time to build a top-level side.

Stuck in Div 2 this season for OD and Dev due to being inactive for basically 90% of the previous season, so time now to climb back up, rebuild my side, and kick some ass.