• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Pong is such a ****ing legend.

Into the crease another legend - ex-ZCC middle order basher Gwong Long. Kotze a decent bat too, and RRR still under 4. Game nicely in the balance.

Kotze run-out, Dynamos in deep doo doo at 88/5.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
part-timer Kovrig with 2/9 in 3 overs. Love me a good part time spinner in Stumped. The frontliners build the pressure and he cashes in with the wickets.

Pong Nam 4-fer was excellent too. Good win that.

Time to spam everyone with some T20 challenges.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
@Chewie @honestbharani @jimmy101 @JOJOXI I've sent you all T20 friendly challenges for this Saturday and next week Tuesday. @Magrat Garlick I've challenged Dynamo Schmaltzberg as well.

Jimmy has left CW for good hasn't he? :( Hasn't been active on stumped lately either. Not sure how to contact him, or if he's even interested in playing in the CWC.

Yh had noticed re Jimmy, a shame as he started well beat my rotated side in a friendly not long after he joined

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, jimmy posted a message in the Sim League thread saying he would take a hiatus.

I've just (and I mean just: I'm pretty horrible rn) started Stumped, my username is the same as on here.
nice!

will send you a friendly challenge, play my weaker side

cnerd123

likes this
So I lost both OD games on Friday against equally-matched sides. Both close games, both cases we failed to defend a target after batting first.

ZCC won their Round 2 Cup fixture today tho! Played 'stueys team', who outrated us slightly. Bowled them out for 201, spearheaded by Bikswing Nouding's 4/43, after which Shahbaz Furqan (85) and Raun Shkorer (65). killed off the chase with a 141 run 2nd wicket partnership. Good win over a good team, onto Round 3! FHK are currently playing a bot in Round 2, should make it through to Round 3 as well.

Dynamo Morpork beat FHK in the Canada Challengers T20 friendly comp today morning. Scored 162 batting first and we could only manage 126 a/o in the chase. Was played at Five Demands CG and we did outrate Dynamos a bit, so good win there for Magz. 71 from Shingirai Msomi the key for them, and 4 wickets for Saleem Saleem - what a good new signing he is proving to be.

ZCC put out a 2nd XI vs Dynamo Schmaltzberg yesterday for a friendly T20. Nearly identical ratings for both sides, but ZCC won comfortably by 8 wickets. Kept Schmaltzberg to just 101/7 in 20 overs, after which Jalal, Furqan and Ahsan knocked off the runs with 7 overs to spare. I did top-load my batting lineup a bit, lucky that the soft middle order didn't get exposed. This same 2nd XI will play ataraXIa in a friendly T20 later today, looking forward to it.

ataraxia

International Coach
Managed to pull off a surprise win against ZCC. I was 34K to their 41K. Their batters probably attacked too much on a tough pitch. My bowling quality was quite weak, but apparently that didn't matter. Ludlow, Serter, and Tennison each nabbed 3 wickets. Sadly, 16yo powerplay spinner Ndaba got attacked and ended up with 0-41 (4) (quality ave of 3.7, I suppose his accuracy is only 4...). The bowlers were disciplined, not conceding a single extra.

Rusty Frost, 25 off 22; and new signing Nicky Clift, 30no off 35; helped to chase down the total of 102 with 5 wickets and 8 deliveries remaining. It was quite close at one stage with 12 off 11 required, but Courtney Brockman (11 off 5) slogged our way to victory. Saadi, Armstrong, and Weller had slow innings, but thankfully that didn't cost us the game. Kurt Murdoch continues his run, getting a golden duck. Hopefully he can do better in the DEV match in 9 hours' time.

Altogether very satisfied with that performance.