• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
signups for the CWC are open for 8 more days, so plenty of time if anyone else wants to join. Now's the best time to join Stumped as well - the current season ends on Friday, next week is the off-season, and then a brand new season should kick off the week after that. Perfect timing to start CWC Season 2!

We should have 8 teams for this season. I've PMed @jan in game, but he hasn't responded to my last few messages. Hopefully he signs up again. Jojo, morgieb and myself have joined the comp in-game already, just waiting on @Magrat Garlick and @honestbharani to join the comp and Jimmy to get his team sorted.

8 teams means the CWC will end right at the end of the regular Stumped season, which is perfect.

cnerd123

likes this
$222,222 for Matthew Tudor. I now have 7 batters of 45 potential and above, three of whom can bowl, with all but one of them still playing Dev cricket. And that one player is only 22. Five of them with fielding potentials of 10 or higher as well

Good signs for the future of ZCC batting, hopefully it won't be too long till we're back in Div 1.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So I'm signed up. Will it just be us playing off against one another? I received a challenge from someone called rajshahi. That anyone in here?

cnerd123

likes this
So I'm signed up. Will it just be us playing off against one another? I received a challenge from someone called rajshahi. That anyone in here?
Rajashi aren't a CW member as far as I'm aware

I've set up a friendly competition in game - you can join via the link in my earlier post. Friendly games don't cost your players any fitness, don't give any in game training, and cost/earn no money. We'll all be playing each other home and away in friendly T20 games with the fixtures/points table/stats etc managed automatically by the in game system.

cnerd123

likes this
Signups for Season 2 are now open!

Tagging some people who I think might be interested in playing:

@jimmy101 @GoodAreasShane @ataraxia @morgieb @Teuton @Michaelf7777777

@SillyCowCorner1 @trundler this might be a good reason to rejoin the game.
@jimmy101

cnerd123

likes this
I reckon you could pick a win up over @honestbharani :p

HB has a win over Dynamo Morpork, who have beaten FHK, who have beaten the reigning champs ZCC. Stumped math is a wonderful thing.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ouch. Received a toweling in my friendly against rajshahi. 317 for 9 vs my meek total of 95 all out.

Had ten players get a bowl in my side who all bowled 5 overs each.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Ouch. Received a toweling in my friendly against rajshahi. 317 for 9 vs my meek total of 95 all out.

Had ten players get a bowl in my side who all bowled 5 overs each.
With time and transfers you'll become more competitive - I hope the same is the case for my Zimbabwe side ?

cnerd123

likes this
@honestbharani needs to sign up in-game too, only 3 days left till it closes.

Jan might be sitting this one out. Hasn't responded to my ingame PMs either. My guess is RL commitments have taken over. Hopefully he finds the time to check in and sign up in the next couple of days.

cnerd123

likes this
In other news - the pre-season friendly series between ZCC and FHK has been disastrous for the defending CWC champs. They are 0-4 across 2 Dev and 2 T20 friendlies! Granted a lot of senior players have been rested for these games (ZCC played both Dev games without their 21 year olds) and that all games have been played at 5DNOL stadium, but even then the results are a bit surprising. ZCC have outrated FHK for both T20s and were beaten handily, while ZCC's full strength dev side (minus the 21 year olds) even lost to FHK's bot-bashing team!

This series was organised by ZCC with the aim of testing out the next generation of youngsters coming through their system, in preparation for the challenges that lay ahead in EurAfrica Div 1.1. Not good signs here, and it's prompted the signing of 18 year old West-Indian Stuart Gardner to bolster the batting.

The T20 results are also concerning, as ZCC were looking towards using that format as way to rest their better players for the demands of Dev and SOD cricket. Their performances against the recently-relegated FHK side suggests that this could be a risky venture, even in Div 2.

However the head coach wasn't too fussed with these results, labelling the XIs that ZCC fielded as 'experimental', and citing the strength of FHK in their home conditions. ZCC's performances in the ongoing CCCT20 comp -where they are currently ranked 3rd out of 18 teams- also suggests that they still are one of the better teams going around in the circuit today. FHK are ranked 9th in the same competition, and lost their round 1 fixture to ZCC by 4 wickets.

Overall FHK's record against ZCC in 2021 sits at 8 wins in 13 games, which is remarkable given an overall record of only 12 wins and 29 losses.