• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stick Cricket

Sudeep

International Captain
I just love this game - http://keiran.id.au/cricket/

It's a batting game. Each victory will be followed by another target to be chased down, from a stronger opposition.

I can't get past New Zealand, their spinner is too much for me :confused:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I got to the final and won, chasing South Africa's 213. The trick is to take runs off the medium pacers early on.
Just played a slog-fest agains slow bowlers only - the results were pretty spectacular. :p 1/256 off 10 overs, Gilchrist 120* off 27, Ponting 111* off 25. Not sure whether I should play the 50-over slogfest...

Attachments

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Adamc said:
I got to the final and won, chasing South Africa's 213. The trick is to take runs off the medium pacers early on.
Just played a slog-fest agains slow bowlers only - the results were pretty spectacular. :p 1/256 off 10 overs, Gilchrist 120* off 27, Ponting 111* off 25. Not sure whether I should play the 50-over slogfest...
Where did you play it? The URL I posted?

I get all the made-up names for the players, and no mode selection. :confused:

Sudeep

International Captain
The download section says this:

Download:Here it is!!
This game uses quite a few resources on your PC so it is best played while no other programs are running on your PC. Performance can be improved by reducing the size of the window in which you play

Try ANY one of these download sites:

Download site: c_cricket2_1.swf (8/3/2004 - 240kb)

The game requires the latest Macromedia Flash Player....you probably have it already because it comes with most new web browsers!!

All sites old. :confused:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sudeep said:
But the four download sites are old, and show up the old version.

Only the screenshots for the new version are available.
Looking at your screenshot, I think everything is the same except for the names.

Sudeep

International Captain
Adamc said:
Looking at your screenshot, I think everything is the same except for the names.
Nope, there's a little difference with the general scoreboard on the main screen, a couple of added features etc.

Seriously, which link did you play it from? I can't find it. :confused:

Sudeep

International Captain
Cann.com.au/Cricket has the following sections:

Home News Features Screenshots Download Credits The Future? Mailing List

The News section shows that they have the new version, they have the screenshots to display.

But the Download section still has the old links.

Totally confused how you got to play the new version Adam.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sudeep said:

... screenshots from the new version. A little different.

These are totally different from your screenshots as well Adam. Ah, anyway, the game is FUN!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I found that site a few months ago, but looks as though it has changed alot since then. Don't know why they would have reverted to a different version though. :blink:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn... couldn't bat through 50 overs. Though I did get close, 10/1009 off 48.5 overs. :) Matthew Hayden was the star, an unbeaten 471 with 31 sixes. :p S. Paceman destroyed me with figures of 7/441. :@

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I had a quick play of Sudeep's version last night. Cruised through all teams before the England piethrower decided he had enough after 1.1 overs and refused to bowl...

I'll give England another shot tonight, might of just been a bug.

Sudeep

International Captain
Adamc said:
Damn... couldn't bat through 50 overs. Though I did get close, 10/1009 off 48.5 overs. :) Matthew Hayden was the star, an unbeaten 471 with 31 sixes. :p S. Paceman destroyed me with figures of 7/441. :@
Adam, what exact URL do you play your version from?