• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stephen Fleming

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
he would have to be the best player of Murali in the world

the other day he smashed him and he played him well when he got 270

Fiery

Banned
Lyell_Chris said:
he would have to be the best player of Murali in the world

the other day he smashed him and he played him well when he got 270
I'm sure even Murali would agree with you

Eclipse

International Debutant
Just because he hit a few sixes in a non offical ODI match on a small ground.

Murali has said himself Lara is the best player he has ever bowled too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It would have to be Lara - 1 meaningless friendly game and 1 innings do not compare to that series a few years back.

shaka

International Regular
Fleming batted well against Murali in all these games, and when he made the score in excess of 250 against Sri Lanka.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Eclipse said:
Just because he hit a few sixes in a non offical ODI match on a small ground.

Murali has said himself Lara is the best player he has ever bowled too.
What does the whole Non Official ODI match have to do with it?

Eclipse

International Debutant
BlackCap_Fan said:
What does the whole Non Official ODI match have to do with it?
I don't think Murali was bowling his best..There is no way I can imagine anyone doing that to him if he is at his best.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Reiterating what Neil and others have said, 688 runs in a three-Test series is far more significant than a few overs of big-hitting in an unofficial match with nothing to lose.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, I agree that Lara is the better player against Murali, but you must admit that 274* and 60odd* in a test against SL in SL with Murali is a pretty good performance too.

Scallywag

Banned
D Martyn has 161 and 110 from the last series in SL (his only sreies there).

Murali seems to a weakness when it comes to quality batsmen.

Chubb

International Regular
A lot of people think Andy Flower was one of the best handlers of Murali, but I think Fleming is definately very good at playing him.

dinu23

International Debutant
In the 270 innings Flemming made, he gave some simple chances...but the sri lankans couldn't take them.

I don't think murali was concentrating very much on cricket this last few weeks....he was busy giving aid to the tsunami victims. So he was out of touch in the first game.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
dinu until you know the fella your speculation about his desire or his focus are purely speculation which makes me want to view your signature and current location. Fancy that

cricket player

International Debutant
Stephen fleming is a good player but making a few runs againts murli doesnt make him a good batsman playing well againts murli.I would say brian lara has handled murli well through out his carrer whether it is in test matches or one dayer's brian lara has been at his best.

The person who has made above 20 runs facing murli in one over is shahid afridi.You have to agree with me with this statement.The 100 runs that he made againts sri lanka in sharjah was brillant.

Shahid afridi hit murli 5 sixes in one over.That is brilliant.I dont know who has done that but shahid afridi definately is the best player to play best bowlers like mcgrath as you have recently seen shahid afridi facing mcgrath.he was at his best.

But if you are talking about facing murli well in test matches i would go with brian lara rather then stephen fleming.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
shahid afridi definately is the best player to play best bowlers like mcgrath as you have recently seen shahid afridi facing mcgrath.he was at his best.
No. He's too inconsistent. He's definately not 'the best player to play best bowlers like mcgrath'.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He is a good player who, due to his determination, plays above his capabilities. I think, I could be wrong, his defense against top class fast bowling is suspect.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
SJS said:
He is a good player who, due to his determination, plays above his capabilities. I think, I could be wrong, his defense against top class fast bowling is suspect.
thats a perfect description of Mark Richardson
but Fleming plays below his capabilities