• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc, chameera, amir, rabada or Joseph

FBU

International Debutant
Three years on and Amir has retired from Tests and Chameera 8 Tests at 41.00 and Joseph 9 Tests 32.84

Now....

Bumrah (25)
Rabada (24)
Archer (24)
Richardson (22)

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada, Bumrah, Cummins and Archer the fab 4 of fast-bowling?
Tim Southee has been excellent in recent years and offers a lot (especially with leadership, fielding, and hitting power) but I’d love to see Ferguson debut this summer. He’s 28, but is as exciting as those four above.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim Southee has been excellent in recent years and offers a lot (especially with leadership, fielding, and hitting power) but I’d love to see Ferguson debut this summer. He’s 28, but is as exciting as those four above.
I think Fab four generally refers to the up and comers so that rules your Southees, Philanders and Andersons out.

For instance de Villiers, Amla, Younis at various points were better than some of the fab four, but still weren't considered.

Ferguson looked great during the WC but lets wait till he debuts in Tests maybe.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Fast bowling is in a really good shape now with the above Fab 4, the WI bowlers doing well, Hazlewood and Pattinson coming back strongly and NZ doing good as well.

TheJediBrah

Had no idea Ferguson was 28. Bodes well that he's still bowling at a good pace at that age.

TheJediBrah

It's a very late start for a genuine fast bowler though. Often they've had a few injuries and/or slowed down by this age

morgieb

Crazy to think how hyped Chameera was for a period based on a cool name and one spell. I guess the latter happens to quite a few bowlers though.

Daemon

Southee v Broad would be an interesting comparison. Both are good but inferior to Boult/Wagner and Anderson/potentially Archer
Both pretty boys and slightly mentally weak as well. That's where the similarity ends though I'm afraid as Broad is simply better.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't write off Joseph just yet. Sensational bowler when fit and firing, but has had a awful run with injuries as of the last couple of years. Love his bowling action but I do get the sense it puts a worrying amount of strain on his back

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
wouldn't be Cricket Chat without someone bringing up a random mediocre NZ'er in a discussion about the best
I was comparing Lockie Ferguson's potential vs the best and wondering if he would get picked for tests instead of Southee as he obviously wouldn't be picked instead of Boult or Wagner. I didn't compare Southee with this bowling fab 4.