• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Srinath Commentary Haters Rejoice

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
From that link....

"This object does not exist, is not of this content type, or is not published"

Quite apt really

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm gonna miss Srinath's gems like calling Kevin Pietersen "Peter Kirsten"

You can't buy that hilarity :D

ravos

Cricket Spectator
Jono said:

haha, i havent heard him commentate but that is brilliant, you ahve to have commentators like that, makes the game interesting when your side is losing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deano is a very rare specimin - a commentator I genuinely prefer not to listen to.
Most commentators on all stations I enjoy - but not Dean Jones.
Just too over-enthusiastic.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Srinath's commentary couldn't be worse than Peter Bacellas, Kris Srikkanth, Madan Lal, Anshuman Gaikwad, Venkatesh "ah...ah...ah" Prasad or those four-ball overs Doordarshan and Sahara One have forced on fans.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Arjun said:
Srinath's commentary couldn't be worse than Peter Bacellas, Kris Srikkanth, Madan Lal, Anshuman Gaikwad, Venkatesh "ah...ah...ah" Prasad or those four-ball overs Doordarshan and Sahara One have forced on fans.

But it is.

YOu gotta feel for the players and the third umpires around the world now. They have to listen to him, exclusively.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is a clever move in my opinion. People will not break breach ICC laws just to avoid having to spend time with match referee Srinath.

The ICC and its cunning moves!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
That'd be Anshuman Gaekwad? :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:

Or Srikkanth calling the leg-spinner from Zimbabwe as Eddie Murphy or Punter as Ricky Martin.............

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
adharcric said:
I'm not sure why, but I actually enjoy listening to Deano in the commentary.

Same here..maybe its cause its better than listening to Srinath, Arun Lal, Rameez Raja, Athers, Ranjit Fernando (can't stand him), Waqar Younis etc.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
So is that supposed to be a compliment ?

While we want Srinath to be taken off commentary we want madan Lal Srikkanth etc to be shot dead !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
kvemuri said:
Same here..maybe its cause its better than listening to Srinath, Arun Lal, Rameez Raja, Athers, Ranjit Fernando (can't stand him), Waqar Younis etc.
Ranjit Fernando, Athers and Ramij Raja aren't as bad as Srinath and Waqar, no way...
And I personally find Arun Lal a very good commentator.