• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sridharan Sriram

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
BTW, rik, I wasn't criticising you about Hemang. I agree with you on your take reg. those matches.

Since we were talking averages:

Ramesh:
M Innings NO, Runs Highest Second Third Average 100s 50s
19 37 1 1367 143 110 96 37.97 2 8

60, 96 and 79 against Pak attack in his first series. He topped the aggregate from both sides that two test series.
Ton (143) against SL in SL. Could have had three more hundreds, and that was his problem area. But I liked the way he reacted. He was NOT satisified with his effort and made sure he got his ton against SL.

Sehwag:
14 21 0 872 147 106 105 41.52 3 4

Ton in debut against SA in SA. Ton in England.
This guy has done nothing wrong. He has to play on. His average dropped due to the NZ series.

Both are way better than Das.

krkode

State Captain
I've always thought highly of Badani and Das. Too bad they were dropped. Irrespective of his performance with the Windies, I think Das would make a good partner for someone agressive like Sehwag.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
full_length said:
[BSehwag:
14 21 0 872 147 106 105 41.52 3 4

Ton in debut against SA in SA. Ton in England.
This guy has done nothing wrong. He has to play on. His average dropped due to the NZ series.

Both are way better than Das. [/B]
I liked Ramesh, he looked a good opener. Sehwag used to easily average over 50 down the order, which is where I think his long term future lies. The problem he had in England was he tried to play like he does when he opens in ODIs...and he was inconsistant, ton or 50 in the 1st innings followed by a low score in the 2nd or vice versa. I'd much rather he was given a free liscence to finish off teams like Gilchrist down the order.

Craig

World Traveller
Shewag is prefect for opening and is probably suited to opening with Tendulkar. Shewag is probably the most aggressive opener that is consistant in Tests and ODIs. And I am saying that he has a higher strike rate in ODIs the Gilchrist etc.

You lot are saying Badani is a better fielder and runner between the wickets then Kaif, that most make him very good because Kaif is no slouch and is probably the best fielder in the Indian team.

krkode

State Captain
Craig said:
Shewag is prefect for opening and is probably suited to opening with Tendulkar. Shewag is probably the most aggressive opener that is consistant in Tests and ODIs. And I am saying that he has a higher strike rate in ODIs the Gilchrist etc.

You lot are saying Badani is a better fielder and runner between the wickets then Kaif, that most make him very good because Kaif is no slouch and is probably the best fielder in the Indian team.
Gilchrist has played a lot more than Sehwag, though. But if you ask me, they're very similar players. If they're going somewhere, they're going fast - otherwise they get out :P

masterblaster

International Captain
No Kaif definitely is a better fielder in my eyes than Badani, because Ive seen Badani drop some sitters.

But nonetheless Badani is probably the third best fielder in India today, after Kaif and Yuvraj.

Instead of a lacklustre Mongia, or a lacklustre Bangar, Badani should be given a decent go.

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Instead of a lacklustre Mongia, or a lacklustre Bangar, Badani should be given a decent go.
I think Bangar deserves his place in the tests against NZ. Everybody failed in NZ and also he did well with the ball in NZ too. Sehwag has either got to open or be dropped and the team management thinks that he is too good to be dropped which i think is right. About Ramesh, he only really failed in Zim. He had a good last series against but Ganguly and Wright seem to think that he has an attitude problem when he didn't tour SAF citing an injury. I think Sriram may not get a chance in the near future as i think Badani and Rayudu are ahead him for the onedayers and Kaif and Yuvraj along with Badani and Rayudu in one dayers. Das will definately be picked for AUS tour. I think he will succeed too. He was one batsman who looked solid in the one dayer he played in NZ.

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
No Kaif definitely is a better fielder in my eyes than Badani, because Ive seen Badani drop some sitters.
I've seen Kaif drop a lot of catches too but yeah he is a better fielder than Badani.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Just for the record :D

I said earlier...
A middle order of Badani, Yuvaraj and Kaif is terrific. Further he's probably as good a fielder and runner between wickets as is Kaif.
I think these three guys are more or less on par in fielding and speed between wickets.