• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka will win the World Cup

Blaze 18

Banned
you are wayyyyy over rating Pakistan and wayyyy under rating SL and India.

Remember Pak have never beaten India in a world cup match having played them 4 times.
I agree Miagra is underrating Sri Lanka. There is no chance of them getting knocked out before the semis (after that it is impossible to predict). Also, history counts for little in India-Pakistan matches. I'd give India the edge simply because of the home advantage, but there's not a lot in it.

smash84

The Tiger King
I agree Miagra is underrating Sri Lanka. There is no chance of them getting knocked out before the semis (after that it is impossible to predict). Also, history counts for little in India-Pakistan matches. I'd give India the edge simply because of the home advantage, but there's not a lot in it.
you are beginning to subscribe more and more to the teja school of thought

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
ERRR, OK. after watching lanka last night, i change my stance on them. Thought they might be overrawed by india and safrica, but this is a brilliant team. such unity and pride in the way they play.

They will demolish any of the topteamsif they're not on top of their game.

will be safrica, lanka , india and gapfiller in sf.

If india go crazy with the bat, and bat to their ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL, then they can beat lanka. Otherwise, this solid team will beatthem.

if lanka make the final v safrica, which i thinkthey will, it will be interesting. South africa are the strongest team of the tournament, but if they choke or play poorly on slow wickets, lanka will be the victors.

Just love the efficiency they play with

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think we've seen enough of SA lately in ODI's (particularly on the subcontinent), to say they're the strongest team on paper. Would fancy Australia over them TBH, because they've played lots of cricket in India in recent times and done well in ODIs. SA are one of the contenders of course, but don't particularly stand out from the rest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If that was a Mark Williams/Port Adelaide reference from Spikey, SS has clearly missed it yet commented anyway.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i was just reading through the thread (i was trying to find posts made by sri lankans critical of the original squad selection) and then felt like pointing out yet another failure by benchmark00

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Benchy does indeed suck.

But the "you were wrong" line is famous in AFL circles as the coach of a premiership team during his victory speech yelled "Allan Scott, YOU WERE WRONG!" (a CEO of a key sponsor who wanted him sacked as coach at the start of the year).