• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African allrounders

Slifer

International Captain
As a West Indian, yes we'd take Andy Flower in a heart beat. That's not even a serious debate.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ray price was not an allrounder Or was he?
Definitely not. He did open the batting at times in lower-grade and/or junior cricket IIRC. But at senior level he was a handy stone-waller at best. Similar to Jason Gillespie but I'd probably say Gillespie was better.
Graeme Smith at one time was the best spin bowler in the entire continent of Africa.
This can't be correct.
Even into their ATG XI.

Frankly, other than for Australia (due to presence of Gilchrist), Flower would walk in to any ATG XI, as a keeper batsman.
No. Andy Flower was quite a bad keeper. He might make some ATG sides as a batsman but he should never be in the discussion for a keeper's position in an ATG XI.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. Andy Flower was quite a bad keeper. He might make some ATG sides as a batsman but he should never be in the discussion for a keeper's position in an ATG XI.
Flower > Chanderpaul/Abbas/Hazare/Pietersen/virtually every NZer or Lankan

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Flower > Chanderpaul/Abbas/Hazare/Pietersen/virtually every NZer or Lankan
Except Sangakkara, who will walk over Flower to any side. Better batsman and far better keeper. I am not sure about Root and Williamson though. Have to wait till they end their careers, and looks like they will surpass Flower.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Except Sangakkara, who will walk over Flower to any side. Better batsman and far better keeper. I am not sure about Root and Williamson though. Have to wait till they end their careers, and looks like they will surpass Flower.
Crowe was a better player of pace and swing; Flower better player of spin.

bagapath

International Captain
Most of his first class cricket was in South Africa only when he felt he wouldn't be able to make it in their national team he chose Zimbambwe.was also part of South African A side against Zimbambwe
looks like you started this thread and added Johnson's name to the list so that someone would make this point and you could correct them. beautifully executed.

johnson should be considered Zimbabwean because he played international cricket for them. the RTD/ England example already given here holds true in my opinion.

my choice would be shaun pollock

bagapath

International Captain
Hey Guys!

I hope you all are doing fine.

I run a discord based cricket server of about 150 guys. We discuss all things related to cricket and host various different events like

•Mock Auctions
•Simulation Tournaments
•Fantasy League
•Drafts
•Trivia
•Cricket Quiz
•Community Team Selection Events
•Cricbot Tournaments

We are looking to build a community of fellow cricket fans, it would mean a lot if we can get more people to discuss about cricket with

Here's the link of the feeder server, after a bit of introduction, you'll be provided with the main server link

Invite Link : https://discord.gg/u3W6mhaN
cricketweb is an excellent place for discussing all things cricket. been coming here for 15 years. stay on and be part of this cricket literate community