• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African allrounders

Jayro

U19 12th Man
Who was your favourite allrounder from the 90's South Africa-Brian Mcmillan, Lance Klusener, Kallis, Pollock, Neil Jhonson, Nicky Boje,,Hansie Kronje , Dave Callaghan Or someone else?

Jayro

U19 12th Man
Neil Johnson is Zimbabwean...
Most of his first class cricket was in South Africa only when he felt he wouldn't be able to make it in their national team he chose Zimbambwe.was also part of South African A side against Zimbambwe

Last edited:

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Most of his first class cricket was in South Africa only when he felt he wouldn't be able to make it in their national team he chose Zimbambwe.was also part of South African A side against Zimbambwe
Woah, someone has all the facts right.

My serious answer would be Pollock.

Himannv

International Coach
I liked Klusener the most but I did feel he was too expensive with the ball at times. I felt Pollock was better with the bat toward the latter part of his career and better with the ball during the early days. But yeah, Klusener due to his exploits in the 99 WC.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Ryan ten Doeschate played most of his first class cricket in England. Does that make him English?

If Johnson had never played international cricket then you'd have a case for calling him South African. But since he played for Zimbabwe he's regarded as a Zimbabwean cricketer.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny they used to call him only Zimbabwe player who could make it into a South African side talent-wise.
South Africa would have killed for Andy Flower. Easily would have been second best behind Kallis.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Andy Flower would have easily walked into SA side as a batsman.
Even into their ATG XI.

Frankly, other than for Australia (due to presence of Gilchrist), Flower would walk in to any ATG XI, as a keeper batsman.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Eng won't accept him in their ATXI?WI ??
England and WI will both accept him at keeper's spot. Pretty good keeper to fast bowlers, and erratic ones at that.

Edit: In the case of England line up, Boycott, Hammond, Hobbs, Hutton, Barrington, Pietersen apart, and Joe Root, don't see a better batsman than Flower. Even Boycott averages lesser than him.

Last edited: