• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Quota System

Anthosan

Cricket Spectator
Hi, can someone please explain what excatly is the SA Quota system. How many coloured and black players should the team have in the playing eleven ? Does it apply to Tests ODI and T20 equally ? Does South African Rugby team have the same quota system too ? Thanks.

Dendarii

International Debutant
At international level there isn't a fixed number of players that needs to be in each team. Instead it works on an average for the entire season across all matches in all three formats, and the requirement is for there to be an average of at least six non-white players, and within that an average of at least two black African players.

I'm not entirely sure what the situation is for rugby. I think it's also an average across a season, but I don't know what their target is and whether they make any distinction other than non-white.