• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smoking cricketers

jonno

Cricket Spectator
Nowadays can any international cricketer match Phil Tuffnell for smoking?

Mark Butcher and Warnie like a ciggie, but are there any others?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite a few NZ's smoked in the early 80s, John Wright and John Parker spring to mind

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i'm suprised that players like ahktar would smoke....isnt it a potential huge shortening of their careers, ahktar needs to be able to keep running in at pace all day, surely someone who smokes regularly would not be capable of this

jot1

State Vice-Captain
jonno said:
Nowadays can any international cricketer match Phil Tuffnell for smoking?

Mark Butcher and Warnie like a ciggie, but are there any others?
Gibbs was caught smoking weed :-O Don't know if he smokes ciggies too :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Aside from the ones already mentioned, current players who smoke that I know of are: Ian Harvey, Rob Key, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Chris Martin & John Crawley.

cricket player

International Debutant
Those international players who smoke's are stupid.They dont know what kind of problem with cause smoking.Cricketers specially have to avoid smoking due to cricket being a long game and smoking would certinly not help you keep your momentum going perhaps we have witness shoaib akhtar going what he went through with his smoking habit.

I would never smoke although i love the smell of it(dont know why)My father use to smoke but he stopped smoking for about 6 years.My dad is a good example of how easy it is to stop smoking then to rather continue.

bryce

International Regular
bruce martin(NZ A spinner) smokes - alot of players smoke now and then but i'm not sure about which ones are full-time smokers

Link

State Vice-Captain
rob key is a heavy smoker. When he scored that double hundred he rushed to have a couple of cigarettes every break he got

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was in a pub in Invercargill a couple of years ago, and Chris Harris was playing two pokies at once while puffing on a ciggie.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Mark Butcher likes more than the occasional puff.. Black coffee drinker as well which is good
"He's a rebel and he never, ever does what he should"

Langeveldt

Soutie
Voltman said:
"He's a rebel and he never, ever does what he should"
I drink black coffee, all the time.. I can't get through the day without 4 or 5.. I tend to see myself as more of a conformist...