• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith v Ponting

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hayden between 2001 and 2003 bullied every attack everywhere. He had that Viv Richards type aura going for him. Can never forget that match where he outscored Pakistan's match total in close to 50 degree heat in Sharjah.

Top_Cat

I still put Hayden higher but it's getting closer. Warner's is a pretty amazing turn-around for a bloke who started as a T20 slapper to be as good at Tests and ODIs as he is.

Gob

International Coach
Warner got a lot of credit for his 2nd test ton in Bangerland but the 1st ton was crazy given how much the pitch had turned. Definitely changed my perception of him.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus post 2000 lineup:

Hayden
Warner
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Starc
Harris
McGrath

Would be able to take on any ATG side tbh.

Slifer

International Captain
Aus post 2000 lineup:

Hayden
Warner
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Starc
Harris
McGrath

Would be able to take on any ATG side tbh.
Rsa post apartheid

Kirsten
Smith*
Amla
Kallis
DeVilliers
Faf
Boucher+
Pollock
Philander
Steyn
Donald

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rsa post apartheid

Kirsten
Smith*
Amla
Kallis
DeVilliers
Faf
Boucher+
Pollock
Philander
Steyn
Donald
That's an ATG fast bowling attack but the batting is relatively weak, especially compared to an Aus or Indian batting lineup from the same era.

vcs

That's an ATG fast bowling attack but the batting is relatively weak, especially compared to an Aus or Indian batting lineup from the same era.
I don't know about India. Depends on the conditions. Who cares really when you have Pollock and Philander at No. 9 and No. 10, you can get away with it.