• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slow clap....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
While we are here though, I demanded three resignations and one firing last week. Can I have a status update please?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently you can't. Would you like me to address your concerns with the moderators?

Burgey, getting **** done on CW since August 2006.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good to see an admission of bad practice, but there seems to have been quite a lot of those recently, which isn't great.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Things definitely went downhill when Teja returned after a seven year absence and thought it was okay to just start being a mod again despite his prior absence

Teja.

Global Moderator
Things definitely went downhill when Teja returned after a seven year absence and thought it was okay to just start being a mod again despite his prior absence
The only protection against such arbitrary tyrants is unionization of the postforce.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The only protection against such arbitrary tyrants is unionization of the postforce.
I believe Corrin supports a system of anarcho-postism, with 95% of the forum just voluntarily putting Precam on ignore, and Corrin himself ignoring the other 5%.

morgieb

Probably wasn't the outrage with Furball because he wasn't called a pedophile. And tbf, a few months ago these numpties weren't all over people having a crack at each other like a fat kid on a Krispy Kreme like they (selectively) are now.
In any case I think any Furball teasing was kind of like Jono/***** teasing - mostly done light-heartedly, not really meaning it. Situation with stephen seems different in some corners, I feel like a significant chunk of the forum does seem to dislike him.

I thought the thread was just a light joke first up too in saying that. The Steve Randall post was in poor taste though.

OverratedSanity

Gob doesn't seem like the kind of poster to start a mean spirited thread tbh, it seemed playful if a bit dumb. It was the other guy stinking it up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In any case I think any Furball teasing was kind of like Jono/***** teasing - mostly done light-heartedly, not really meaning it. Situation with stephen seems different in some corners, I feel like a significant chunk of the forum does seem to dislike him.

I thought the thread was just a light joke first up too in saying that. The Steve Randall post was in poor taste though.
Yeah I love a crack at stephen because some of his posts are silly but as a bloke I have nothing against him

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope so, would make his later posts about where he draws the line and his criticisms of moderator hypocrisy most amusing tbh

Burgey

Also Burgey I'm just reading back and wondering what the hell this was meant to imply?
If someone describes another forum poster being referred to as a kiddy fiddler as a storm in a tea cup, they presumably don’t mind being referred to as one themselves

The context of the comment seemed self-evident, but you know, brains etc

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I wasn't really online when the whole thing happened I don't think, but it seems like thread was closed shortly after the pedo comment was seen and the thread was reported. PEWS's comment in the thread was well before that and the thread could be seen as gentle ribbing until that post. How are we to know whether Gob and Stephen aren't best mates outside of CW and the thread wasn't an extension of some msn convo or something? I think Stephen even commented in the thread and didn't report until after Burgey had his say in that thread.

Same with that Furball thread, for all I know, he was in on the joke, and closing wasn't warranted to me at that point, but as soon as he reported it, the thread was closed.

Not sure what else you expect mods to do. Keep a spreadsheet on who is buds with whom?