• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Katich getting a raw deal with the aus selectors?

dinu23

International Debutant
In the VB series game between aus and pakistan when aus were in trouble simon katich came to their rescue. but what do u read in the articles....the poor guy is going to be dropped from the team. why can't they drop symonds and give his place to katich? At least katich won't go for a duck!

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Because Symonds is a better one-day player than Katich.
And it was the West Indies, not Pakistan.

dinu23

International Debutant
Jono said:
In tests yes, not in ODIs though. Not yet anyway.
why not? Symonds is out of form....tell him to go and play FC cricket and get his form back...till then Katich can take his place while he's performing so well.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
It's harder to get out of the Australian team than it is to get in.

The selectors will play Symonds for months if need be.

dinu23

International Debutant
LongHopCassidy said:
It's harder to get out of the Australian team than it is to get in.

The selectors will play Symonds for months if need be.
I don't get it. they dropped M Waugh after that triangular series. why can't they drop Symonds? I mean, they have more than enough alternatives.

Scallywag

Banned
dinu23 said:
I don't get it. they dropped M Waugh after that triangular series. why can't they drop Symonds? I mean, they have more than enough alternatives.
By giving Symonds the chance to come back in form he will be better for it, if his poor form does not turn around then he will be replaced and the new player will be given time to settle into the team and prove his worth.

If you drop players each time they have a bad run then you soon run out of players to replace them with because all players will have a bad run at some stage. Katich is placed ready to step into the team if a injury takes out one of the batsmen or Symonds cant arrest his bad form.

The selectors should not just drop and select players on form at the moment or the team will be changing every game and thats not good practise. Faith in players ability will bring more rewards.

dinu23

International Debutant
Scallywag said:
By giving Symonds the chance to come back in form he will be better for it, if his poor form does not turn around then he will be replaced and the new player will be given time to settle into the team and prove his worth.

If you drop players each time they have a bad run then you soon run out of players to replace them with because all players will have a bad run at some stage. Katich is placed ready to step into the team if a injury takes out one of the batsmen or Symonds cant arrest his bad form.

The selectors should not just drop and select players on form at the moment or the team will be changing every game and thats not good practise. Faith in players ability will bring more rewards.
Well they dropped M Waugh after that triangular ODI series because he was out of form, and he was a class player.
and I think Symonds had enough chances already!

cricket player

International Debutant
Why would you not let the young talented guy(katich)not be in the team.He is a good batsman plus a good fielder as well.It shows how unfair cricket is in australia.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
shows how good cricket is in Australia for a player like katich cant make the team.He would be in almost eny other test team in the world

cricket player

International Debutant
Shows how good players are.They made a history by going duck five times in row.Another history has been made by a australian player.No It is not 5 sixes in one over it is five ducks in five matches.

Deja moo

International Captain
cric_manic said:
shows how good cricket is in Australia for a player like katich cant make the team.He would be in almost eny other test team in the world
That would be the case if Katich couldnt make it in coz Symonds was in good form, but it obviously isnt so here.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Symmonds needs to be back at QLD to power up and give Katich a go, maybe they need Symmonds For the 3rd final if needed, Plus, I hope Katich is included ahead of Symmonds at this point, Symmonds can rest 3 matches or do some QLD Cricket, by then, he should be ready!

Some players aren't given chances! Clarke for eg, Hayden out of form, make Clarke open with Gilly and make Haydos come out at no 5 or 6 for 1 match, if it goes well, that will be good

Scallywag

Banned
Dizzy #4 said:
I hope Katich is included ahead of Symmonds at this point, Symmonds can rest 3 matches or do some QLD Cricket, by then, he should be ready!
Ready for what, who would you drop to bring Symonds back in if he plays exceptionaly well for QLD.

youngster_89

Cricket Spectator
Kaitch

I don't think that Kaitch should be in the team in front of Symonds Because Symonds brings more to the one dayers in my mind because he can do most things Bat bowl field he might be down on form but Last year he had a great year with bat ball and fielding.Dropping him back to state won't help because he was doing well in it be4 the Vb series. Kaitch wouldn't be the 1st person to get a bad deal with the selectors Maher,M.Hussey, M.Love, M.Elliott,I.Harvey, S.Macgill are some others

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:
Shows how good players are.They made a history by going duck five times in row.Another history has been made by a australian player.No It is not 5 sixes in one over it is five ducks in five matches.
Do the US even play tests or ODIs outside of the world cup and ICC champions trophy?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do the US even play tests or ODIs outside of the world cup and ICC champions trophy?
What's this got to do with anything? I sure hope it isn't an attempt to denigrate his opinion based on the fact the country he lives in isn't a Test-playing nation. For all we know, he could be an ex-pat Pakistani/Indian who just lives in the US (not uncommon and there are a couple on this board in fact).

Anyway, as a big fan of Katich yes I'd say he's been very unlucky but to just drop Symonds has more pontential naties than benefits. By continuing to select him for this series whilst they're still winning, the Aussies selectors are, in effect, saying "We know how good you are and that you're going through a bad patch; it's a matter of tine until you play a blinder and we're going to keep faith with you until then." Dropping him now when he appears as if he's about to break this run of outs might just set him back and it also sends the message to the rest of the team that as long as you're playing brilliant innings, you're okay but as soon as you have a few early outs, you're gone. No team performs well with the players under such pressure.

As far as I'm concerned, it SHOULD be MUCH tougher to get into the Aussie side than to get dropped. Why? Because once you're in, a team should be strong enough to carry any given player for a short period going through a bad patch like the Aussies are doing with Hayden and Symonds. Just because there are more in-from players around doesn't mean they instantly deserve a spot in the team. A team of champions does not guarantee a champion team and first and foremost SHOULD be the team in the selectors eyes (as it seems to be). Just picking a team on who's in form won't guarantee success (and has shown the opposite effect on many occasions in the past).

Now, if Symond's form continues until the end of the current series, it might be an option to look into a replacement. But now, I don't believe he deserves to be dropped. Katich is extremely unlucky but his time will come. He's too good a player for it to not come.

cricket player

International Debutant
Robertinho said:
Do you even know what you are talking about?Ofcourse usa is not a test playing nation!but what does that have to do with this topic?You might be thinking that i have no knowledge about cricket due to me living in usa a non cricket nation.Hold your horses son i know and i can play alot better cricket then you. :sleep:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To the credit of Simon Katich, he's handled the situation exceptionally. His statements to the press regarding it have been pure class.