• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should we ask Warne to come out of retirement?

Get Warney back!!

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Funny, Malcolm Conn can occasionally talk some sense, provided the Australian team is the exclusive entity on the agenda. Barely worth reading a word he writes about opponents, but when it's Australia-and-Australia-alone he does occasionally pen a decent piece.

Ponting's biggest failing as a captain is his over-animatedness - either getting unneccessarily worked-up about small things or completely losing his cool over larger issues. The ability to keep one's cool is one of the most important traits in a captain and Mark Taylor possessed this in abundance.

And yeah, Warne could be a disruptive influence, there's no doubt about that. He's not as bad as Shoaib Akhtar or Shahid Afridi, but he's drummed-up some unneccessary frenzy through his career. Mostly Australia have been possessed with phlegmatic enough players that this hasn't impacted on their success, but that might well not be the case now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Funny, Malcolm Conn can occasionally talk some sense, provided the Australian team is the exclusive entity on the agenda. Barely worth reading a word he writes about opponents, but when it's Australia-and-Australia-alone he does occasionally pen a decent piece.

Ponting's biggest failing as a captain is his over-animatedness - either getting unneccessarily worked-up about small things or completely losing his cool over larger issues. The ability to keep one's cool is one of the most important traits in a captain and Mark Taylor possessed this in abundance.

And yeah, Warne could be a disruptive influence, there's no doubt about that. He's not as bad as Shoaib Akhtar or Shahid Afridi, but he's drummed-up some unneccessary frenzy through his career. Mostly Australia have been possessed with phlegmatic enough players that this hasn't impacted on their success, but that might well not be the case now.
Word.

Top_Cat

Wasn't it Conn that wrote an article a while ago saying how Warnie would automatically attach himself to the new young players in the side, take them out and use them to score chicks?

Still doesn't change the fact he's a pratt.

Julian87

State Captain
Warne > current Australian team.

I still reckon he is a decent chance of playing the next Ashes series, especially if I am correct and Australia lose to South Africa this summer.

Burgey

Warne > current Australian team.

I still reckon he is a decent chance of playing the next Ashes series, especially if I am correct and Australia lose to South Africa this summer.
Put him in a wheel chair at 80 and he'll take Ashes wickets. Reckon Warney might be trying to avoid having to do any FC stuff, then get the call up out of desperation.
Weighing 26 stone, Warne tours. A mystery virus brought on by eating bad baked beans takes down Ponting and Clarke, so Warney gets the captaincy. At his weight and age, he emulates Warwick Armstrong in more ways than one, recording a 5-0 series win as skipper. Get on now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jeez I must be drunk, keep reading about this Conn bloke and initially wondering what I've done. Imagining an r and i