• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should England recall Kevin Pietersen from his England hiatus?

Should England recall Kevin Pietersen from his England hiatus?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Marcel

Cricket Spectator
3 good and elaborated reasons as to why England should or shouldn't recall Kevin Pietersen from his England hiatus?

I know nothing about cricket and I gotta do this for school. Lol.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shouldn't

He's been in poor form
He sometimes confuses his mouth with his anus and talks out of the incorrect orifice
It would have Piers Morgan celebrating wildly and ain't nobody got time for dat

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should

Did you see England's batting versus NZ?
He hits lots of DLF Maximums (the Danny Morrison gambit)
Given the amount of crap he was talking in the commentary box during the Big Bash, it'd be fantastic to see the soap opera that is English cricket deal with him back in the camp.

cnerd123

likes this
Should
- Experience
- Puts bums on seats
- If he finds his groove he's a great batsman

Shouldn't
- In terrible form with the bat
- The other players hate him
- Makes ECB and the selectors look weak

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, he should've been. Cannot justify selecting someone who is such a **** if he's not averaging 50+
Be that as it may, he was still averaging higher than anyone else in the team IIRC and had the ability to play insane innings that few other English batsmen had. Not saying he should be recalled now - if he was playing county cricket and dominating there'd be a better call for it, but still without hindsight it was at the very least poorly sold and arguably irrelevant. I mean would you dump Warne from Australia? (granted Warne >> Pietersen but you get the point).

And if he was such a **** why wasn't he pernamently dumped after 2012, where there was actually something to go off (i.e. textgate)?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
And if he was such a **** why wasn't he pernamently dumped after 2012, where there was actually something to go off (i.e. textgate)?
He should have been. But the ECB and everyone else got sucked in with "he's too good to not be selected"............in 2013 that was no longer the case so he can indeed gagf.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've already established there are plenty of ****s in the England team so if you only select the World-class ****s and not the merely excellent ones, you're pretty much **** out of luck.

No one has been really able to explain what made KP's behaviour awful enough to be kicked out in disgrace. He's been awful in the media, but so have plenty of others in the team, but they get a pass for some reason because they aren't perceived to be quite as bad. The English have a long, long history of class players having trouble being dumped by the authorities. It's been happening throughout their history and will keep happening because they're dumb.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think you can really call it a "hiatus" if you've been told "**** off you won't be selected ever again".

andmark

International Captain
I just can't be bothered with the baggage he comes with. It's terrifying to watch him bat now in case he does well and writes some provocative tweet.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get the "out of form" argument personally. KP's always been someone who's a big game player, asking him to go back and score bucket load of runs is a bit unreasonable (its the same with a guy like Sehwag), he also said part of the reason he struggled was his knee injury which is now fully healed. Pieterson still remains a quality bat, and I think his value in limited overs cricket is more in tests at this point. He also had a solid Big Bash season in Australian conditions so he would have been a legitimate selection if you want proof of performance from him.

Not suggesting England should allow him back btw (don't know or care enough about the subject).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't get the "out of form" argument personally. KP's always been someone who's a big game player, asking him to go back and score bucket load of runs is a bit unreasonable (its the same with a guy like Sehwag), he also said part of the reason he struggled was his knee injury which is now fully healed. Pieterson still remains a quality bat, and I think his value in limited overs cricket is more in tests at this point. He also had a solid Big Bash season in Australian conditions so he would have been a legitimate selection if you want proof of performance from him.

Not suggesting England should allow him back btw (don't know or care enough about the subject).
Haha no it bloody is not.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't like to get too involved in the political reasons since none of us really know what goes on in the England dressing room, but purely on cricketing reasons I was against the sacking but would similarly be against a recall.