• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne dead at 52

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In presenting him the Oz MOTS in 05, Atherton said something along the lines of, the word great is often overused but here it’s appropriate - ladies and gentlemen, the great Shane Warne.
The words icon, legend, genius and artist are thrown around too but Warne was all that and more. Just a once in a lifetime cricketer. What the ****.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Oh no. No.

How many have we "grew up in the 90s" generation lost? Crowe, and now Warne?

And it had to be Warne? JFC.

RIP. Just shattered.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am ****ing sad right now. The greatest cricketer I have actually spoken to. I wrote that big piece on his cricketing retirement here that I should dig up. Whatever be his faults, he seemed very very generous when talking cricket and to cricketers. One of the real stars - genius, icon, legend - any adjective you use, he was worthy of it. This hits hard man, hits personally. :(

This is the post I had written.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I just couldn't come to believe it. Such a terrible news.

Legend of the game and will be unequalled. Just showed the beauty of leg spin to the world.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am in total shock feeling numb, the man was such an integral part of my childhood and teenage.

RIP legend will miss you