• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sewag's Form

Dravid

International Captain
India have other openers. The thing with Sehwag is that, after 9 innings of failing consecutively, hes thought of being replaced by the selector. The 10th inning he scores runs and saves him self for another 9 innings

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
India have other openers. The thing with Sehwag is that, after 9 innings of failing consecutively, hes thought of being replaced by the selector. The 10th inning he scores runs and saves him self for another 9 innings
So he pretty much only scores big when its time to save his career? Never thought of it that way, could be true.

Dravid

International Captain
An example I would like to use is, the challengers trophy. Sehwag scored only one 90 in the tournament, which was enough to pick him over Gambhir.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm not really sure about one dayers, but couldn't Wasim Jaffer and Gautam Gambhir open for a while. I think Sehwag should stay on, but if he doesn't make any runs sooon, then they mayy have to. If not, Tendulkar and Dravid can both open.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
If not, Tendulkar and Dravid can both open.
No, no, no!

Sachin is the best #4 batsman in the world (will be challenged by Yousuf soon I hope). Unless you meant in ODIs, in which case, sure why not?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I was inferring to that. No you come to it.

Dravid should open in Tests, he is in the form of his life atm, and should make the most of it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
PhoenixFire said:
I was inferring to that. No you come to it.

Dravid should open in Tests, he is in the form of his life atm, and should make the most of it.
OMG no, we need someone like Dravid in the middle, he is like the backbone/spine of the Indian team.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
And as far as Sehwag's great form goes, I posted this long time ago and think it fits perfectly in this thread...

Scene

Sehwag: Hey yaar (meaning buddy in hindi) Yuvraj les' go to the disco today.

Yuvraj: Are you forgetting we have a game tommorow.

Sehwag: *shocked* Are u feeling okay today, i mean who cares if there's a game tommorow, it's only pakistan, they've beat us what, only a gazzilion times, once more doesn't make a big difference.

Yuvraj: I know yaar but you see i haven't been performing for the last 97 games, i am under pressure, if I just score a century tommorow my place in the Indian team is set for another 97 games, and Sehwag it's time you start performing too.

Sehwag: Don't worry I am good for another 5 or 6 games, plus i'll take one wicket and the media will make me into an allrounder and I am set. And trust me Yuvi you don't have to worry either, are you forgetting what zone you're from, they favour you.

Tendulkar: *creaky voice* Hey guys, who we facing tommorow?

Sehwag: Pakistan, and Shoaibs back!

Tendulkar: AHHHH my elbow it's starting to hurt again.

Dravid: Okay guys stay calm and cool.

Ganguly: HEY GUYS I AM BAK! Apparently my ten runs were good enough for dskljfasldkjl;akjfSHIRE.

Chappel: Kaif!!!!! :@ Get my laptop quick and turn on hotmail.

Wright: HEY GUYS LONG TIME NO SEE

*sehwag quickly changes into a shirt without a collar and runs behind tendulkar, almost breaking into tears*

Dravid

International Captain
Haha..anyway, Dravid is not an Opener!!

Dravid is a middle-order batsman and that's where he belongs. He is messing up his career by opening the batting. For ODIs, the openers should be Tendulkar and Sehwag. They work great together and are probably the best ODI openers for India in history. Gamhir should be an alt for Sehwag every now on and then when he doesn't score.

Dravid

International Captain
Like I said, Sehwag scoring runs once in a while is good enough to save him. He just scored 90 something in the DLF cup, and he scored 181 in the last test series for India.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tendulkar should definately open the batting in ODI's whilst Dravid should most certainly not do it in Test matches, he is a great #3 batsman and should stay there in both forms of the game. Sehwag needs to start performing in ODI's more consistently or his place will be under serious threat.

Dravid

International Captain
Perm said:
Tendulkar should definately open the batting in ODI's whilst Dravid should most certainly not do it in Test matches, he is a great #3 batsman and should stay there in both forms of the game. Sehwag needs to start performing in ODI's more consistently or his place will be under serious threat.
Been the story for a while now.

adharcric

International Coach
Sehwag's inability to show any semblance of consistency despite being one of the more experienced guys in the team is absolutely appalling.
Sehwag and Dhoni need to sit down and get some lessons from Sachin on controlled aggresion with the bat.

Steulen

International Regular
Sehwag ATM is just a chancing flat-track bully. Give him width outside off and he'll hammer you, but the tiniest bit of inswing on the stumps and he's back in the pavillion.

One for the drop, imo.