• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SERIOUS ISSUE: Should Jason Gillespie get a haircut?

twctopcat

International Regular
Haha like it. IMO no. People, or more specifically hair like gillespie's is another amusing thing to talk about in cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
YES! He looks like a Pikey!

Failing a cut, maybe washing it occasionally?! You do have shampoo in Oz, right?! ;)

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
YES! He looks like a Pikey!

Failing a cut, maybe washing it occasionally?! You do have shampoo in Oz, right?! ;)

hahaha..this coming from a guy born in a country which uses Christmas as an excuse to celebrate the annual buying of a new bar of soap for the family :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jason Gillespie's hair balances off his massive nose. I say no. Keep the hair, don't accentuate the nose.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swervy said:
hahaha..this coming from a guy born in a country which uses Christmas as an excuse to celebrate the annual buying of a new bar of soap for the family :D
Hey! I'm very fastidious with my personal hygiene! I shower every month, whether I need it or not! ;)

& anyway, if God had meant us to wash he wouldn't have created deodorant! :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How does the batsman not complain of being distracted by the waving mullett while Gillespie is bowling? :D

howardj

International Coach
To call it a mullet is just wrong. With a mullet, you're meant to have short front and sides. With Gillespie, he just has long hair at the back, front and sides. Sorry, but it's nothing like a mullet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
howardj said:
To call it a mullet is just wrong. With a mullet, you're meant to have short front and sides. With Gillespie, he just has long hair at the back, front and sides. Sorry, but it's nothing like a mullet.
Well in that case Dizzy has the most talented hair in world cricket, 'cos it does an uncanny impression of a mullet! Does it do any others? A skinhead? Dreadlocks, maybe?! ;) :D

Attachments

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are good mullets and bad mullets and Dizzy's is in the VERY BAD category. Having said that, it's a metaphor for the average cricket fan in Australia and to every Jimmi-Barnes-listening, tight-black-pants-wearing, cigarette-packet-under-the-shoulder-of-the-jumper-wearing, VB-drinking bloke/yobbo/sheila, he's a HERO.

What I'm personally waiting for is one of the West Indian players to revive the Bobby Brown.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
If he lost that hair it would be like Steve Waugh burning his red rag.. probabaly the best thing for their own hygiene, but two great trademarks would be lost.
I think its fine untill he starts plaiting it...