• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Separate LOI and test tours

Xuhaib

International Coach
Who came up with this idea and what's the logic behind it, Am I the only one who find this recent thing annoying and unnecessary and isn't ICC as an organization should do its best to reduce global carbon footprint this practice is probably doing just the opposite.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Who came up with this idea and what's the logic behind it, Am I the only one who find this recent thing annoying and unnecessary and isn't ICC as an organization should do its best to reduce global carbon footprint this practice is probably doing just the opposite.
It is mainly because the world cups are coming in between. So some teams are scheduling separate visits for the tests and the Lois which are mandatory to be completed in the super league.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Plus some sides have vastly separate sides in shorter formats to tests so can do it. The amount being played we will see more teams have separate red and white ball coaches too.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
I assume it is because of covid screwing over the schedule and the repercussions of it but I agree about the carbon footprint, fair point

TheJediBrah

I prefer it when they are separate tours tbh. Hard to care about LOIs right after a thrilling Test series.
LOIs should be before. Like NatWest series used to be before the Ashes.
I prefer it when they are separate tours tbh. Hard to care about LOIs right after a thrilling Test series.
It happened plenty before Covid

TheJediBrah

2005 Ashes was a perfect example. I was only young but I remember the hype it built up, for me at least, was huge. The way England went toe-to-toe with Aus in those ODIs beforehand made me think this wasn't going to be your usual Ashes series.

Then McGrath stepping on a stray pill, systematic ball tampering and a few other little bits of cheating (sub fielder use, recruiting a South African superstar) and the rest is history

Xuhaib

International Coach
2005 Ashes was a perfect example. I was only young but I remember the hype it built up, for me at least, was huge. The way England went toe-to-toe with Aus in those ODIs beforehand made me think this wasn't going to be your usual Ashes series.

Then McGrath stepping on a stray pill, systematic ball tampering and a few other little bits of cheating (sub fielder use, recruiting a South African superstar) and the rest is history
That natwest final was as good as the test series that followed but they overdid with another 3 odi series just before the start of Ashes.