• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - NZ v Australia - Eden Park

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great scrum from NZ. Have absolutely moidered the Wobblies in the tight.

Piri lands the pen and that's the two converted tries. Game, dare one say it, over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Been a clincal performance from the NZ pack. Have destroyed the Oz forwards tonight. Thorne MotM for my quid. Has been at the centre of everything.

The right result for rugby, tbf.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a clincal performance from the NZ pack. Have destroyed the Oz forwards tonight. Thorne MotM for my quid. Has been at the centre of everything.

The right result for rugby, tbf.
Well big Brad is a league man, you see :ph34r:

Kudos to the ABs. Well deserved. Far too good.

Cooper will cop all the ****, but his forwards got bashed. No one will star at five eighth if that happens.

Now Australia goes back to not caring about rugby for four years.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonderful AB performance - sensational start, good composure and a clinical effort all round. I think Jane was MOTM but the way we dominated the breakdown, in particular negating to our best ability Pocock, as well as better tactics, were the key differences. Cruden brilliant all things considered and compared to Cooper who was woeful yet again, he looked a class above.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well big Brad is a league man, you see :ph34r:
The comms up here were going on about him being a typical slab of Kiwi beef and all that, but he's pretty much a Queenslander, isn't he? Moved to Oz as nipper and, obvz, ex-Kangaroo too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well played All Blacks, totally outplayed us.

Our scrum was rubbish and our backs just couldn't do much due to the excellent defense. The only thing we really got right was our lineout.

Don't care about the third place play-off, not sure why they even have it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Barnes. Good run by Cooper and he kicks it away. Idiot.
Barnes played as though the score was 0-0, kicking for territory at almost every opportunity. Of course, when you're trailing by 11 or 14 points, theres really no point. For me this was another key difference between the sides. Australia's bench really had no one who could spark a game. NZ had players like SBW and Vito. SA had Bismark, Houggard, Aplon, etc. Most of Australia's bench, like Barnes and Horne (compared to Turner) and McCalman (compared to Higginbotham) were players who would be better suited starting, rather than impact players.