• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - NZ v Australia - Eden Park

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So it's confirmed that Beale will miss the game.
Big leg-up for the Blacks that news. Doesn't quite equate to the loss of Carter, but Beale is one of Australia's most potent.

The weather looks much better for tomorrows game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Tonight's haka will be one for the ages.

Edit - I take that back ABs would be foolish to put too much energy into it. Instead of the game.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Woodcock, Mealamu, O.Franks, Thorn, Whitelock, Kaino, McCaw, Read, Weepu, Cruden, Kahui, Nonu, Smith, Jane, Dagg; Hore, B.Franks, A.Williams, Vito, Ellis, Donald, SB Williams

Posted by Somerset - the team for tonight

Here they are with places of birth

Woodcock Helensville, New Zealand Kaipara College
Mealamu Tokoroa, Waikato, New Zealand
O.Franks, Motueka, New Zealand
Thorn, Mosgiel, New Zealand
Whitelock, Palmerston North
Kaino, Tutuila, American Samoa [1]
McCaw, Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand
Read,Papakura, New Zealand
Weepu, Lower Hutt
Cruden, Palmerston north
Kahui, Tokoroa, New Zealand
Nonu, Wellington, New Zealand
Smith, Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand
Jane, Upper Hutt
Dagg; Marton, New Zealand
Hore, Dunedin, New Zealand
B.Franks, Melbourne, Australia
A.Williams, Auckland, New Zealand
Vito, Wellington, New Zealand
Ellis,Christchurch, New Zealand
Donald,Papakura, New Zealand
SB Williams Auckland, New Zealand

These are local lads and one or two of them were born in your home town.

Get in behind the lads tonight Kiwi fans.

(No Hamiltonians I note?)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Tonight's haka will be one for the ages.

Edit - I take that back ABs would be foolish to put too much energy into it. Instead of the game.
should just go with the traditional 'ka mate ka mate ka ora ka ora' haka. (even though i prefer the other one)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In 1999 after we lost - I was in Canada and talking to a Kiwi he said "I just feel like breaking something anything" And I felt the same way. Somewhere there will be trouble tonight (if the unthinkable happens)

Burgey

In 1999 after we lost - I was in Canada and talking to a Kiwi he said "I just feel like breaking something anything" And I felt the same way. Somewhere there will be trouble tonight (if the unthinkable happens)
Unthinkable?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the difference between 1999 and tonight, is that in 1999 a loss was almost unthinkable and so the disappointment was because the loss was so unexpected. Basically no one picked the French to win but they played brilliantly, particularly after halftime. I think a better comparison is to 2007 where although France again went into the match with little chance of winning, the ABs loss was more a result of their own shortcomings. In terms of the way the match played out, there were a number of similarities to the SA vs Australia match last weekend. Just looking at the way the bets have fallen for tonight's game, it would appear as though theres some advocates for an Australian victory, but I think the main contributing factor as to who wins, as in 2007, will be how the ABs handle the pressure.

Spikey

(christchurch joke here)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Joubert has decided to keep a close eye on Pocock, obviously.

Pleased, tbh, because he did get away with murder versus the Saffers.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Joubert having a blinder so far. Oz collapse the scrum under pressure (standard MO) and, lo and behold, are pinged.

Weepu's kicking not the best today tho.