• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selectors Draft

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Okay I’m not a regular in these things. So stop me if it’s been done or isn’t that interesting an idea.

But here’s the concept.

It will be for between 8-12 players.

Each of those players will then be allocated, privately, a Test nation and required to provide an all-time eleven for it. This must be a realistic eleven (you’ll see why later) though obviously subjectivity will be part of this.

This will then become the full pool of players available for the draft from rounds one to ten. Players will not be allowed to pick from their own team, unless there are no other options available (NB this is an absolutist rule so team balance is not a consideration. If there are players left from other countries you must pick them regardless if they don’t fit your team balance).

After round ten, players will need to provide their batting line-up and typical bowling order to me at which point I will put out the requirements for round eleven.

Thoughts? Anyone keen?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh and btw happy for it to not start until Hidden Objective finishes, just wanted to know if a good idea

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds intriguing. I haven’t been in one of these in a long time. I’ll throw my hat (and possibly a wrench ) into this