• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag - Best Batsman In World Cricket Right Now

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How Ponting? How not Tendulkar?
Roll up, roll up.. it's on again...

Reckon Sehwag is the best around atm, Amla currently up there too - great series he just had. Sehwag's numbers are just insane though. Ridiculous SR really. Ponting off the boil atm, likewise Pietersen, Shiv and Yousuf. Reckon Kallis is still up there, Tendulkar batting wonderfully atm too.

Sehwag's influence on the games he plays atm is astonishing tbh. Great stuff from him.

Last edited:

Maximus0723

State Regular
b4 you speak, plz look up Ponting's stats for last few years.

Sehwag has clearly been the best batsman.

Yes, Kallis, Sachin are your backbone but Sehwag has constantly been setting up the middle order. If he is on, you are f*cked. This is why you can't drop him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep Sehwag is the best. I seriously think that when he finishes his career it will not be unreasonable to suggest he's better than Gavaskar.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lol wattttttttttt

must remember the era Gavaskar played in
Sehwag hasn't finished his career yet and I said it wouldn't be unreasonable.

Sehwag's 150+ scores have been fantastic and his incredible strike rate is out of this world.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yes, Kallis, Sachin are your backbone but Sehwag has constantly been setting up the middle order. If he is on, you are f*cked. This is why you can't drop him.
Sorry mate, was that directed at me? Because if it was, I ****ing well agreed with what you've said, so GAGF.

If it wasn't, have a nice day.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

As alluded to above, let the filter do its work thanks. Don't avoid it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think Jayawardene and Sangakarra are both worth a mention as well, both truly magnificent performers over the last few years, I know some people are fairly quick to dismiss Jayawardene as a great batsman but there sheer weight of runs he has scored in the last few years are difficult to ignore, love watching him bat as well.

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Asif says hi to Sehwag :)
To which Sehwag asks - and you are...?

( In tests Asif bowled him out once, four years ago. Never met him since, in which period Sehwag has improved vastly as a batsman. Didn't bother looking up the other formats, no danger of Sehwag being remotely this good at limited overs cricket).

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag..what can I say about this man..nothing about him even amazes or surprises me anymore.. I almost expect him to get 150 plus each time he goes out to bat..and when he gets out for 40-50...I tend to think the bowlers have done a tremendous job.

I dont want to compare him with Tendulkar or Ponting or Kallis or anyone.. Tendulkar, till the day he retires will always be the best batsman in the world for me..but Sehwag is by far the most consistent, dazzling and devastating batsman in world cricket today.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Gilly did the same thing at his peak, why isn't he mentioned in the same breathe as Tendulkar, Ponting and co for his batting alone?