• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Favorites

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Nationality: Australian
Support: India/Bangladesh
Second Favourite: Pakistan/Windies

Snippie

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Support - South Africa
Second fav - New Zealand or the team I percieve to be the underdog.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
do you not feel any form of national pride in your country?
I suppose Jono is in the same boat I am, and at least from my perspective, national pride simply means nothing to me - whether it be the country where I was born (Australia) or the country which I culturally identify with (India). I don't see the point in being proud of what is essentially an accident of birth...if I were born in Russia or Barbados or anywhere else, I wouldn't feel proud simply because I was born in such a place.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slats4ever said:
do you not feel any form of national pride in your country?
Yes, but I also feel pride in my heritage and national descent. My parents are Indian and my dad and uncles were close friends of Mohammad Azharuddin so when I was young I supported India. Haven't seen any reason not to now as I have supported them for so long.

I support Australia in all other sports though (Eg. I am a big Aussie Rules fan and was cheering the Socerroos on), so I guess there is some national pride. I'm not patriotic though if that's what you're referring to. If you're referring to the fact that Australia aren't even my 2nd favourite team, well that's got more to do with their dominance of the sport. Once (or rather if) Australia ever fall back into the pile of all other cricket teams rather than being far superior, I'll support them over most other nations (bar India).

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Second favourite: Anyone playing England, following the Ashes. Although probably New Zealand (am half Kiwi :ph34r:), and Bangladesh.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
andyc said:
Second favourite: Anyone playing England, following the Ashes. Although probably New Zealand (am half Kiwi :ph34r:), and Bangladesh.
Oh dear. :-O How did that happen?

Have you gotten over it yet?

Is Bondi good this time of year? :p

Josh

International Regular
From: Australia with American citizenship (I could probably captain their national team :p)
Second: West Indies for sure.

andyc

SquidAU said:
Oh dear. :-O How did that happen?

Have you gotten over it yet?

Is Bondi good this time of year? :p
It's just one of those things you have to learn to live with, really, but it's been a burden my whole life.

Son Of Coco

Support: The same
2nd Favourite: The West Indies - I just really want to see them playing well again.

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pedro Delgado said:
Well done sir!

After Boney, you must be the greatest Frenchman ever .
Well done for ? Being a masochist and support Derbyshire ? Yes that's true

By the way, who is Boney ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
atichon said:
Well done for ? Being a masochist and support Derbyshire ? Yes that's true

By the way, who is Boney ?
Alow me to interject here and translate in your native tongue...

Je theenk que e ees refarrin a Monsewer Napoleon Boneyparts

/runs