• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Season 4** Discussion, Results etc.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well i didnt even get man of the match after 103 not out and 1 - 22. i must admit it wasnt the fastest tonne but 73% strikek rate is not that bad..

but whats going on, 3 losses from nearly one of the greatest one day sides there was, lets pick it up guys, bowling really letting us down.

but am happy to score a tonne

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
21st December

**DIV 1**

New Zealand 'A' 404
Cricket Web 'A' 186 & 201

New Zealand 'A' won by an innings and 17 runs

Man of the match: MJ Mason

Coach's Comments:
Ok, it's not the fact that we're losing or that we lost again, but the way in which we're losing. The batsmen just don't seem to want to stay at the crease. They could learn something from the bowlers - down but not out. Comment on Marc's captaincy in the 5D will be reserved until the end of the season...
---
India A 204 & 372
Veterans XI 373 & 206/6

Veterans XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Wasim Akram
-----------------------------------------
**DIV 2**

Cricket Web 'B' 284 & 330
South Africa 'A' 190 & 217

Cricket Web 'B' won by 207 runs

Man of the match: Imran Khan(jr)

Coach's Comments:
Tremendous effort... especially by the vice-captain. Simply brilliant. The bowling was superb against a good batting lineup and the batting was effective against a formidable bowling lineup. Great win to close in on Australia A at the top.
---
Australia 'A' 423 & 390
Zimbabwe 'A' 247 & 364

Australia 'A' won by 202 runs

Man of the match: ML Love

Love having an inhuman season!

Attachments

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
*waiting for a half-way team stats, even though its past half way ;) *

God work, lads, nice to see a good ol' mullering :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think we need to concentrate on building partnerships boys, that was really quite a poor game for all the batsmen

Mr Mxyzptlk

22nd December

**DIV 1**
India A 201 & 273
England 'A' 298 & 178/5

England 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: DG Cork
-----------------
**DIV 2**
South Africa 'A' 382 & 408
Minnows XI 561 & 197/2

South Africa 'A' draw with Minnows XI

Man of the match: SO Tikolo

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

23rd December

**DIV 1**

VETERANS XI 209/9 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 212/2 46.5 overs

Australia 'A' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Jimmy Maher
---
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 183/7 50.0 overs
INDIA A 185/8 46.4 overs

India A won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Hemang Badani
------------------------------
**DIV 2**

ENGLAND 'A' 180 47.3 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 181/9 48.3 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 1 wickets

Man of the match: Matthew Walker
---
WEST INDIES 'A' 215/6 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 180 32.3 overs

West Indies 'A' won by 35 runs

Man of the match: Ryan Hinds

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

24th December

** DIV 1**

AUSTRALIA 'A' 209 44.5 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 210/2 41.1 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Gotchya

Coach's Comments:
Do you guys feel that? That feeling is called winning. Say it with me w-i-n-n-i-n-g. Brilliant knock from Rik to cruise home. Top bowling from Chris Hinton too.
-------------------------------
**DIV 2**

WEST INDIES 'A' 203/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'B' 205/8 48.3 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: David(jr)

Coach's Comments:
A thriller! Some exceptional bowling from David Jr early on but a good recovery from the West Indians. Dave Mohammed then helped collapse the innings startlingly as it slipped from 68/1 to 78/5. However, some resolute batting from Vimes and a captain's innings from Langeveldt saw it home. Well played by David Jr. with the bat too.

Merry Christmas! :) Don't eat too much.

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
1 over for 10, DNB :(

Ironic how as soon as you split the previously so successful partnership up, we win a game!

Mr Mxyzptlk

On investigation, the Man of the Match adjudicator (LE) appeared to have been drunk whilst deliberating.

In an effort to right this wrong, Rik has been presented the Man of the Match award instead.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I trust we all had a good Christmas and are alive and intact...:)

**DIV 1**

Veterans XI 441 & 20/0
Cricket Web 'A' 225 & 232

Veterans XI won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: ME Waugh

Coach's Comments:
What more can be said? What more can be done? Mediocre bowling and wreckless batting does not win championships. Not much to say except that there will be some player demotions before next season and, if NZ 'A' at least draws with the Vet XI tomorrow and the CW 'A' team loses to India 'A' (strongest team in Div 1), then the CW 'A' team gets demoted and the 'B' team may be promoted. Sense the shame yet?
---
England 'A' 258 & 276
New Zealand 'A' 364 & 109/3

England 'A' draw with New Zealand 'A'

Man of the match: MJ Mason
-----------------------------------
**DIV 2**

Cricket Web 'B' 371 & 293/7d
Australia 'A' 364 & 208

Cricket Web 'B' won by 92 runs

Man of the match: Yaju Arya

Coach's Comments:
A stunning performance as Yaju ripped through the Aussies in the first and second innings to finish with a record innings haul and match haul, eclipsing that set by Neil in the first Dev League season. Brilliant batting by Jamee, Langeveldt and Imran Khan in both innings to help prop the effort after a top order collapse. Cricket Web B has officially qualified for the 5D playoffs now. Congrats!
---
Minnows XI 260 & 225
Zimbabwe 'A' 446 & 43/1

Zimbabwe 'A' won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: GJ Rennie

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As Captain of the 5 Day side, I am worried about the amount of overs being given to bugs and wish him to be used more as a last resort than a first change bowler in the future.

Mr Mxyzptlk

As you wish, but with no clear 1st change seamer in the side you'll have to turn to the medium pace of Umpire Money or the spin of Rik and Supah Freak after the initial spells of the openers.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
thats not very nice

my bowling stats are not that bad

ever thought of since the captain change we have gone down hill :P