• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Season 4** Discussion, Results etc.

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
eh? you scored 98 off 112 balls, no century there but was close, a consecutive poor performance from me, 2 bad ones. (5D and this one)

looks like my promotion to CWA is long gone for this season..grr..oh well..may have a couple of good matches..you never know..every1 goes through a rough patch..even the best :lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
jamee999 said:
Liam am I being rested
You weren't getting it done in OD's so I tried Amits instead. Fear not, you're still in the 5D team and may well replace Amits in the next OD.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lets pick it up boys, a couple of very dissapointing efforts there :(

P.S. Mr Mxyzptlk these days i am bowling off spin (due to my knee still recovering) and would like also to bowl off spin for CW A if this is possible. (from memory its medium atm)

Mr Mxyzptlk

age_master said:
P.S. Mr Mxyzptlk these days i am bowling off spin (due to my knee still recovering) and would like also to bowl off spin for CW A if this is possible. (from memory its medium atm)
Duly noted.

Mr Mxyzptlk

**DIV 1**

INDIA A 275 48.5 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 277/8 49.3 overs

Australia 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Simon Katich
---
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 192 44.4 overs
VETERANS XI 193/6 43.3 overs

Veterans XI won by 4 wickets
--------------------------------------
**DIV 2**

NEW ZEALAND 'A' 152 44.1 overs
WEST INDIES 'A' 155/8 37.2 overs

West Indies 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Ryan Hurley
---
BANGLADESH 193 46.5 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 196/2 39.5 overs

England 'A' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**DIV 1**

England 'A' 234 & 287
Cricket Web 'A' 301 & 223/4

Cricket Web 'A' won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Mr Wright

Coach's Comments:
Well, it's been a mixed debut season for Mr. Wright so far, but he bowled brilliantly in this game. Added to his form, Age Master, Eyes Only and Bugssy contributed, but it was Umpire Money who starred as an allrounder. Great rebound and hopefully the start of a great second half to the season.
---
New Zealand 'A' 290 & 399/4d
India A 337 & 353/6

India A won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: G Gambhir
-------------------------------------
** DIV 2**

Minnows XI 194 & 226
Australia 'A' 527

Australia 'A' won by an innings and 107 runs

Man of the match: SR Watson
---
South Africa 'A' 208 & 451/8d
Zimbabwe 'A' 303 & 183/5

Zimbabwe 'A' draw with South Africa 'A'

Man of the match: M van Jaarsveld

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

18th December

**DIV 1**

Veterans XI 431 & 319/6d
England 'A' 390 & 224

Veterans XI won by 136 runs

Man of the match: Saeed Anwar
-----------------------------------------
**DIV 2**

Cricket Web 'B' 318 & 328
Minnows XI 407 & 243/8

Minnows XI won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: SO Tikolo

Coach's Comments:
Two batting collapses during which time Gibbs was bowled for 83, Craig got another hundred and Sam Vimes looked very solid. Still, inspired bowling from David Jr. almost took it home, but ultimately Tikolo was too much to handle.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

19th December

**DIV 1**

AUSTRALIA 'A' 264/6 50.0 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 210/9 50.0 overs

Australia 'A' won by 54 runs

Man of the match: Simon Katich
---
INDIA A 290/5 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 213 45.3 overs

India A won by 77 runs

Man of the match: Rohan Gavaskar

Coach's Comments:
Bowling meltdown and batting collapse, but the CW 'A' is still #1 in the OD comp.
-----------------------------
**DIV 2**

WEST INDIES 'A' 205/9 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 206/6 46.0 overs

England 'A' won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton
---
CRICKET WEB 'B' 209 43.4 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 191/8 50.0 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 18 runs

Man of the match: Craig

Coach's Comments:
Craig was the only batsman to make a serious impression with yet another brilliant knock. The bowling was solid and Imran Khan Jr. made a fine return to the team and to form.

Attachments

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
great return from me, Craig is a fantastic prospect for our team
2-27 is excellent in a 50 over game, should've got more wickets though but hey the good thing is we won! and we are 2nd in our division so well done lads!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
im happy with my 54 (53) but why we struggling at the moment, we had such a good run there at one stage.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yes we all seem to be in resonable form but dont seem to be combining well as a team i think the captain has abit of work to do:D.

Mr Mxyzptlk

20th December

**DIV 1**

CRICKET WEB 'A' 255/8 50.0 overs
VETERANS XI 258/5 47.4 overs

Veterans XI won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Saeed Anwar

Coach's Comments:
That's three straight defeats in the OD's. As positive as I would like to sound, this is really quite pathetic. What's gone wrong with you guys? This is the team that won 12 (?) straight until last season and now drops 3?!? The bowling has to improve or else some of you won't be back next season.
---------------------------------
**DIV 2**

CRICKET WEB 'B' 284/6 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 198 41.1 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 86 runs

Man of the match: Gibbs N Smith

Coach's Comments:
Well batted, but the bowling was rather disappointing. Let me be the first to say congratulations to Gibbs N Smith on absolutely annihilating that monkey which had resided on his back for so long. Maiden hundred and well-deserved. Another economical return for Imran Khan Jr. and wickets for David Jr. The Jr's have formed a rather formidable partnership. Sriram G has been largely disappointing thus far and may prompt us to play an extra batsman instead of persisting with him. Well done.

Attachments

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Suprised I opened the innings! 20 is not bad of 31 with a six and a four! another two trapped Leg Before with my seam bowling, David Jr is what I was like in my first season, Expensive but always taking wickets, good combination if you ask me!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yousuf_Youhana said:
Suprised I opened the innings! 20 is not bad of 31 with a six and a four! another two trapped Leg Before with my seam bowling, David Jr is what I was like in my first season, Expensive but always taking wickets, good combination if you ask me!
Century post.