• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Draft Info

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I thought that there might be a few complaints about the stats adjustment. My team certainly had a poor season 3 and averages were expected to go down but not to the degree that they did. On the other foot for the teams that did well, some of their stats have gone through the roof. I have seen a couple batting averages above 70. It doesn't look like the number of matches played has been taken into account with the changes.

As long as the averages are changed consistently then I guess I can't complain. I'm just not happy about it that's all.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 2 Updated Draft Lists...

All 3 versions are enclosed in the Zip files

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Updated lists for Rounds 3 & 4 which will be held together...

The following is the order for these rounds

Round 3

Mashonaland
Karachi
Auckland
Somerset
Canterbury
Glamorgan
Worcestershire
Tasmania
Hampshire
Tamil Nadu
Surrey
Kent
Mumbai

Round 4

Jamaica
Mashonaland
Karachi
Auckland
ACT
Somerset
Northern Districts
Western Prov
Canterbury
Glamorgan
Worcestershire
Leicestershire
Tasmania
Warwickshire
Hampshire
Tamil Nadu
Surrey
Western Aust
Kent
Lancashire
Mumbai
NSW

Picks to be in by 7am Tuesday morning if you have picks in both rounds please submit 2 lists 1 for each otherwise i will just go off the 1 list...

Here is the updated list

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
blewy i really have no idea how to pick my list for DP4... i really need to see what player i get in DP3...... is there anyway of maybe moving DP3 forward one day or moving DP4 back one day??

because i really can't submit another list without seeing who i get

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
blewy are you sure mumbai have a 3rd round pick, cause remember they added H Francis and then had 12 including 1 rookie.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete / Mr. P.

The rules are rules, and they were announced prior to the draft - nobody complained then, so IMO they must stay as intended.

Nobody moaned last year did they!

I must point out to those only in R4 that they will need to select at least the number in R3 as well as the number they occupy in R4...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Blewy i think it would make things a lot easier if we had a seperate draft for round 4 say 2 days later.. ie it would be a lot easier to judge who you got as guy and andrew already mentioned..

Say if i got a batsmen in my first pick i could change to get maybe a keeper in my 2nd one and it wouldnt be that great if i got another bat instead if that was there in my picks..

No ones complaining marc.. not the way i see it anyway.. we are just suggesting a better side option..

Graham

3rd Umpire
What you do is tell Blewy the two types of player you're after.
That way if you get one preference in the 3rd round, Blewy can make sure you get your other preference in the 4th round.
Quite simple really. It's worked that way in three seasons to date and I can't see why it needs to change now!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys it will remain the same, there are a few reasons...

1/ it has been successful for the 2 draft seasons so far so i don't feel changing it is worth it...
2/ I will not be able to do the r3 draft earlier anyway as i will be busy so it will put the rest of the rounds back and therefore the new season start...
3/ Rounds 5 & 6 will be held together and nobody has complained about them...

nibbs

International Captain
All you do is submit two different lists...

If your after a keeper in round three submit a list, with only keepers, and then submit a different list for round four with what ever your after in round four. It may be time consuming but its the way to go IMO...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
it has all ways been rounds 3 and 4 together, as marc said no one else has moaned about this so just use your managerial skills and pick the players u need.

u guys are complaining about picking 2 players at once, try being last every round :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 5-6 Draft List

Picks to be in by the same time this Friday...

Rounds 5 and 6 will be run together so you will need to submit double the amount of numbers for this round....

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Is it me or does the stupid Round 5 & 6 draft picks never properly load, because on my computer it never seems to do.