• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Draft Info

Graham

3rd Umpire
Blewy - could you please check H.Badani's stats (Lancs). When I accepted him in a trade his FC batting was 45 and his OD batting 32.
To my knowledge he only played one game in each competition, yet his averages have gone down to 34 and 26. This hardly seems right or fair!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Eclipse, what is wrong in your view with Dippenaars stats??
I see nothing wrong with them, he had a very poor season last year....
Yeah but he had played 71 4D mathes and avraged 41 so for that to drop to 34.01 when he only played 5 4D games last season seem's a little odd.

I was expecting it to go below 40 but not to lose 7.5 runs off his avrage in just 5 matches.

deckard

U19 Captain
Yeah some of the stats do look a bit off to me. For eg W Jaffer had a FD avg of 50.25 and played 70 games. Last season he avg 26.65 and his season 4 avg went down to 43.61. I can accept that since he had a pretty poor season. But when u compare that to a player like N Round with a career avg of 55 and just 2 games experience. Last season Round avg 19.53 and his season 4 avg only went down to 48. In the end both of their avg's went down by the same amount which doesnt seem right to me. Round's should have gone down further like to 35 or something.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys what i will do is, anyone with any queries on player averages please email me WCCC@cricketweb.net with the problem and i will assess every problem asap...
I can see a few are a little weird, and i will see what i can do...
Please if you want me to have a look at them please get them in ASAP so i can get them done next week...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL thats not the average problem Age, its just your batsman are crap...

:P :P :P

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Blewy there seems to be a problem with Free States D Pretorius

On the website it lists his sr as 47 in 4D. In the updated records viewer it says that his sr is 50, which might be ok, except this season his sr was 33! It should have gone DOWN! Also his OD sr did not change even from 31.5 even though his od sr was 27 this season.

Mr. P

Mr. Ponting said:
The same thing applies to K Vaas, changes in bold.

On the website it lists his sr as 44 in 4D. In the updated records viewer it says that his sr is 46, which might be ok, except this season his sr was 36! It should have gone DOWN!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Something wrong with ALL of Free State's bowling more like.

Lennox Cush 19 @ SR 14.84
Anand Yalvigi 6 @ 15
Charles vd Gucht 14 @ 20.14
Santosh Vadeyaraj 14 @ 28.71
Jamie Hamblin 9 @ 25.33
Dewald Pretorius 8 @ 34.50
Wycliffe Deacon 1 @ 96.00

None of the bowling strike rates have changed at all.

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy can you just do a quick check on my little star, T Hawkins (FD) please.

T.Hawkins:

Season 3: 66 wkts @ 13.48 :: S/R 29 :: Season 4 Stats: S/R = 39.6 (Season 3 was - 42)

So Down 2.4 from last season - Ok that's fine seems a small fall compared to what others have had but at least it went down.

But then I look at M.Saggers:

Season 3 - 35 wkts @ 35 :: S/R 66 :: Season 4 Stats: S/R = 53.11 (Season 4 was - 47)

So up 6.11 from last season

Basically IMO T.Hawkins had just as better season as Saggers had a bad one, yet Saggers has increased his S/R by 6.11 points and T.Hawkins only went down 2.4? Also Hawkins is a young guy with few matches, so avgs should change more than a guy like Saggers who has played 250+.

If you think that's right that's fine, just like to check. All the rest look about right I think. :)

Last edited:

Mr. P

Another guy with some problems, this time S Akhtar.

On the website it lists his sr as 46 in 4D. In the updated records viewer it says that his sr is 49, which might be ok, except this season his sr was 37! Should have gone DOWN! (As you can see i'm just editing the above posts to make it easier:) )

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Here goes..

*Pretorius's 4d S/R for Season 3 was in fact 62.64
So the jump is actually correct... As for his OD S/R for S3 it was 34.5 higher than his career S/R so in fact the change which has now been made has seen it jump to 32.7

*K.Vaas's S3 S/R was actually 57, therefore his S/R which has now been corrected has risen to 48.9...

Mr P, You are confusing the Season 3 Averages with S/R's the averages and S/R's are totally different...

Neils Complaint...

*Cush's S/R has been changed accordingly to 22.1
*Yalvigi's S/R has been changed accordingly to 35.5
*Van der Gucht's S/R has been changed accordingly to 31.8
*Vadeyeraj's S/R has been changed accordingly to 29.7
*Hamblin's S/R has been changed accordingly to 28.2
*Deacon's S/R has been changed accordingly to 60.1
*Pretoruis See Above

Rich...

*Hawkins has been changed to 38.9
*Saggers has been changed to 51.98

Finally Mr P again

*Akhtar's are correct, his S3 S/R was 60.3 not 37... Therefore the rise is correct...

To everyone else i will be going through the Bowling stats as there seem to be a few who haven't been changed.. Just bear with me and i will get back to you soon...

Mr. P

Blewy said:
Ok Here goes..

*Pretorius's 4d S/R for Season 3 was in fact 62.64
So the jump is actually correct... As for his OD S/R for S3 it was 34.5 higher than his career S/R so in fact the change which has now been made has seen it jump to 32.7

*K.Vaas's S3 S/R was actually 57, therefore his S/R which has now been corrected has risen to 48.9...

Mr P, You are confusing the Season 3 Averages with S/R's the averages and S/R's are totally different...

Neils Complaint...

*Cush's S/R has been changed accordingly to 22.1
*Yalvigi's S/R has been changed accordingly to 35.5
*Van der Gucht's S/R has been changed accordingly to 31.8
*Vadeyeraj's S/R has been changed accordingly to 29.7
*Hamblin's S/R has been changed accordingly to 28.2
*Deacon's S/R has been changed accordingly to 60.1
*Pretoruis See Above

Rich...

*Hawkins has been changed to 38.9
*Saggers has been changed to 51.98

Finally Mr P again

*Akhtar's are correct, his S3 S/R was 60.3 not 37... Therefore the rise is correct...

To everyone else i will be going through the Bowling stats as there seem to be a few who haven't been changed.. Just bear with me and i will get back to you soon...
Well that couldn't have gone any worse for me, could it? :( :( :(

deckard

U19 Captain
Blewy, i think u may find that the season 3 OD bowling stats havent been put in the sim, cos when i was looking at the stats in the record viewer all i say were 0's. This might explain why some teams havent had their stats changed. Like i know that none of the Caterbury OD bowling stats have changed...

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Cloete did say he'd done some of the stats... ;)
nah i didn't do any of the stats changing, i just helped out with the draft file.

so :P to you marc :D :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
deckard said:
Blewy, i think u may find that the season 3 OD bowling stats havent been put in the sim, cos when i was looking at the stats in the record viewer all i say were 0's. This might explain why some teams havent had their stats changed. Like i know that none of the Caterbury OD bowling stats have changed...
Yeah John i found that out after everyone was saying there's was the same... I am now onto it and hope to have them fixed soon...

As for the players in the Draft, to make it easier i will not be changing their stats...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
As for the players in the Draft, to make it easier i will not be changing their stats...
Always looking for the easy way out arent we :P :P