• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Draft Info

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So does everybody get 5 picks or what is the go when you are 8th on the list?
No!

If you have first pick (like me) you only have 1 pick because nobody else can take that player. If you are second you have 2 picks just in case your number one pick was taken by the first person. And if you are draft pick 15 you have to have a list of 15 just incase the 14 people before you took all your picks. But I assume you will be given the player highest on your list that hasn't been taken.

I think I have got that right?

Blewy,

Do we post our picks on a thread in the forum, or email them to you?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok 1st of all....

Picks are to be emailed to me WCCC@cricketweb.net

Ok Mr Wright is basically 100% correct...

If you are 8th on the list you need to submit 8 names per round to cover yourself.. If your 1st pick is take we will take your 2nd choice and so on...

Now not everyone will be involved in every round...

the 1st 2 rounds will involve everyone, then rounds 3 and 4 will be for people who did not keep their rookies(This is not Retirement rookies,but the rookies which were in the academy).. Then rounds 5 & 6 will once again include everyone...

I hope this clears it up...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
OK awesome blewy. Langevelt can you tell me when you will next be on msn so we can discuss this?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok i have found 1 error in the Draft File...

P Wickarama's One Day stats are incorect...

They should be as follows

Games - 52
Bat Ave - 7.15
Ovs/match - 6
S/R - 51
E/R - 4

I knew there was an error somewhere but now i have found it....

Just please take note of this

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:

the 1st 2 rounds will involve everyone, then rounds 3 and 4 will be for people who did not keep their rookies(This is not Retirement rookies,but the rookies which were in the academy).. Then rounds 5 & 6 will once again include everyone...

I hope this clears it up...
hey mate just one more thing you forgot. you can keep 1 rookie or both rookies. it's done on squad numbers isn't it? if you have 10 you do all picks, 11 you miss the 4th this year and 12 you miss 3rd and 4th. that right?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nearly, but not quite andrew.
those who kept 1 rookie will mss the 3rd round of the draft, and not the 4th as you indicated.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
As pointed out by Simon S Maxwell is a wicketkeeper so i think GB u shl do the needfull and i will get a wk whose batting avg in fc is 57 od is 48.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
nearly, but not quite andrew.
those who kept 1 rookie will mss the 3rd round of the draft, and not the 4th as you indicated.
nah that's what i'm getting at though. i kept 10 players. 9 players and my rookie.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
aditya said:
As pointed out by Simon S Maxwell is a wicketkeeper so i think GB u shl do the needfull and i will get a wk whose batting avg in fc is 57 od is 48.
You lost me Aditya....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
nah that's what i'm getting at though. i kept 10 players. 9 players and my rookie.
Andrew in a case like yours you will have all 6 draft picks...

nibbs

International Captain
A few things that I think should be pointed out:

- Is T.Samaraweeras stats all correct? I'm not too sure that they are.
- With the viewer the search feature doesn't work...

Eclipse

International Debutant
could you also cheek B.Dippenaar's stats.

4D avrage 34.01

I know this is wrong so could you look into it.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
As far as Samaraweera's stats go, they are correct...

As for the records viewer some people have a missing file, i will attempt to get it for you...

Aditya, S.Maxwell has not been denoted as a keeper last season therefore i cannot change it now.....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse, what is wrong in your view with Dippenaars stats??
I see nothing wrong with them, he had a very poor season last year....

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Blewy said:
As far as Samaraweera's stats go, they are correct...

As for the records viewer some people have a missing file, i will attempt to get it for you...

Aditya, S.Maxwell has not been denoted as a keeper last season therefore i cannot change it now.....
If he is a keeper in real life isnt it fair to make him one in WCC also.I know he wasnt last season but then it was a mistake which can be rectified.And i will be very glad to see him as a keeper.:P :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem which i have pointed out to people in seasons gone by, is that once a player has played 1 game in WCC what happens in the real world means nothing.... It basically stops players who may take up keeping after being entered into WCC and us changing them, I have already stopped 1 player in the past for this...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Blewy said:
Eclipse, what is wrong in your view with Dippenaars stats??
I see nothing wrong with them, he had a very poor season last year....
You need a few more "very"s in there.

He was truly appalling, and someone was kind enough to take him off my hands :)