• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Draft Info

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a little note, some of the new managers might not know, that by the end of the 1 week trading period after the draft you MUST have 2 wicketkeepers in your squad. But it is suggested you get the sufficent amount in the draft, as you might not be able to trade for another keeper after the draft.

Simon

you will be forced to drop a player and are given a keeper from the remaining ones left after the draft.
The reason you need 2 keepers is in case one of them gets injured you then have a backup.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
**has that same feeling with Flower and Jayawardene**

Only after realising that Jayawardene is a keeper...

:O :O

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
There are two real Sri Lankan Jayawardenes who have both played Tests and ODIs in the past 18 months.

Mahela (DPMD) Jayawardene is a top-class batsman who can't keep.

Prasanna (HAPW) Jayawardene makes Rob Key look like Don Bradman but is the indisputably the best keeper in the country.

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
There are two real Sri Lankan Jayawardenes who have both played Tests and ODIs in the past 18 months.

Mahela (DPMD) Jayawardene is a top-class batsman who can't keep.

Prasanna (HAPW) Jayawardene makes Rob Key look like Don Bradman but is the indisputably the best keeper in the country.
It's Mahela

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ok well ill fix that in the DB, and it looks as though ill be getting another keeper...

Simon

has he been listed as a keeper the whole time hes been in wcc?
this is worse than england fielding 16 players in the WC, i demand an enquiry!

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
well its richs problem cause he aint played a game for me yet...
Never used him as a Keeper had Flower and Nixon... anyway a pretty good bowler for a keeper.. I recall him bolwing a few times

Simon

Rich2001 said:
Never used him as a Keeper had Flower and Nixon... anyway a pretty good bowler for a keeper.. I recall him bolwing a few times
well im glad we got that sorted out :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Draft Lists are finally ready....

And here they are... I will be emailing them as well, here is the Excel version...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok the Draft Dates are as follows...

Round 1 - Tues November 4
Round 2 - Fri November 7
Rounds 3 & 4 - Tues November 11
Rounds 5 & 6 - Friday November 14

There will then be a 5 day trading period after the last round which will close at Midnight Wednesday November 19...

All times are Sydney times...
Picks for the draft rounds will need to be submitted by 7am Sydney time the day of the round...

To clarify the current time here is 1:53pm Friday the 31st of October...

Any questions just ask...

Picks to be submitted in the following way...

South Australian Round 1 Picks

1 J.Jones
2 P Smith
3 ....

and so on

If you are 5th pick you will only need to submit 5 names...

Any team who fails to submit and i haven't been forewarned you will get a random pick... And will have no leg to stand on for a complaint...

Last edited: