• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saeed Anwar Or Brian Lara?

Who is innings was A classy one.

• Saeed Anwar

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Brian lara

Votes: 40 76.9%

• Total voters

cricket player

International Debutant
I have followed Saeed Anwar for long time,Saeed Anwar holds The worlds Record Of 194 In a Odi match which havent been broken as of yet,Brian Lara has 400 runs In a test match That is also being a world record,So two top batsman Making good records,

My question was which inning was a classy one?was it Saeed Anwars 194 or Was It Brian Lara's 400,Me myself Has always rated Saeed anwars inning of 194 better Then Any other good innings Whether It was brian laras 400 or Any other good innings,

What are your thoughts?just Eager to know.Two top class batsman puddy much even two top records. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First question. Did you see every other good innings?

Next, are you aware of the circumstances surrounding Brian Lara's 400 not out? Not to belitte Saeed Anwar's effort, but I'd tend more to take Lara's, as it was essential at the time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I never saw Anwar`s innings tbh, and Lara`s was amazing. So, a no-brainer for me! :happy:

cricket player

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
First question. Did you see every other good innings?

Next, are you aware of the circumstances surrounding Brian Lara's 400 not out? Not to belitte Saeed Anwar's effort, but I'd tend more to take Lara's, as it was essential at the time.
Of course you are going with brian lara,The location Tell's it all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
400 and unbeaten Vs 194 (with a runner) and dismissed...... and the 400 was almost chanceless.......I don't even know if this is a question worth asking.

Deja moo

International Captain
honestbharani said:
400 and unbeaten Vs 194 (with a runner) and dismissed...... and the 400 was almost chanceless.......I don't even know if this is a question worth asking.
You said it. How that innings didnt force the ICC to reconsider allowing runners, i'll never know.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricket player said:
Of course you are going with brian lara,The location Tell's it all.
You are ridiculous. I could care less if Brian Lara is a West Indian. The innings was epic and I'm certain you did not see it.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You are ridiculous. I could care less if Brian Lara is a West Indian. The innings was epic and I'm certain you did not see it.
That would be "couldn't care less."

:)

psxpro

Banned
I think its a good question and I'd go with anwar's innings.
He did it in an odi. It helped pakistan win the match.

Lara's 400 was after Westindies had already been humiliated in the series. It wasn't as great a innings as some of lara's others.
So I'd say definetly Anwar's

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
psxpro said:

Lara's 400 was after Westindies had already been humiliated in the series. It wasn't as great a innings as some of lara's others.
Don't you see that you are actually pointing out what was good about Lara's innings there?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:

Yes. And Bradman never helped beat England with a chase involving a run rate of 8 runs per over as did Kaif.

Yes.

Anwar far superior to Lara and Kaif far superior to Bradman.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SJS said:
Yes. And Bradman never helped beat England with a chase involving a run rate of 8 runs per over as did Kaif.

Yes.

Also, Yuvraj > Sobers, for the same reason as above.

tooextracool

International Coach
SJS said:

Yes.

even though no one except you has even suggested that anwar is superior to lara 8-)

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I thought SJS was being sarcastic, there, TEC.
yes i know, but he was suggesting that the person who started this thread said that anwar was a better player than lara, even though all he said was that the 194 was better than lara's 400.just because your best innings is better than someone elses, it doesnt make you a better player than that other person. the sarcasm served no purpose in that argument, because no one was comparing the 2 players on the whole.

Last edited: