• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sack Langer

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When ppl say "local sydney game", as a keen student of the sport I rightly tend to think of club matches, rather than FC games between the States of this wide, brown Commonwealth.

James

Cricket Web Owner

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
During the Brisbane Test Langer ordered a player not to persist with a habit of jamming a toasted sandwich in his pocket to eat on the field." :laugh:

A non-issue really. Had the cameras recorded that player pull off a sandwich from his trousers mid match, he would be butt of jokes and snide comments like Smith became after erasing Pant's batting marks.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
During the Brisbane Test Langer ordered a player not to persist with a habit of jamming a toasted sandwich in his pocket to eat on the field." :laugh:

That player was Marnus Labuschange.
Listen at 1:40

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Watching The Test finally. Langer comes across somewhat passive-aggressive and unstable doesn't he? I get the doc is tailored to be candid but the number of times he invites honest feedback only to belittle and smirk at the guy offering it...talks a lot and has pith and platitudes to spare but seems to crumble when the heat's on.

sunilz

International Regular
Watching The Test finally. Langer comes across somewhat passive-aggressive and unstable doesn't he? I get the doc is tailored to be candid but the number of times he invites honest feedback only to belittle and smirk at the guy offering it...talks a lot and has pith and platitudes to spare but seems to crumble when the heat's on.
From my personal experience, the guys who talk too much about feedback are little bit insecure about their job .

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a tough job description from the outset. Asked by CA to produce a squeaky clean unit following sandpapergate and to replace the 'blokey' culture established under Lehman. His job is done, Smith and Warner are back in the fold and now we are expecting results instead of a nice image.
IMO I think Langer was ill-advised to participate in the making of "The Test" but I wonder how much was CA's expectatons.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The latest Grade Cricketer Podcast makes it seem it is a question of when and not if. I am guessing the Langer era is over now. Wonder whom they can find next.

Shri

Mr. Glass
moody, gillespie, ponting

it is not like they don't have options

greg chappell would be hilarious lol

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Of all the ex-legends Langer invited as "consultants", Ponting absolutely looked to the manner born. He strikes just the right balance of awe and approachability, and his technical advice is obviously held in very high regard by the players. Don't know if he's willing at this point but CA in any case should roll out the red carpet for him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The issue with Ponting as the coach is that he will still end up overshadowing the team, which is something they seem to hate about Langer, amongst other things, if The Grade Cricketer podcast is to be believed.

Shri

Mr. Glass
nah langer is just full of himself and seems like he likes listening to his own voice more than anything else

hope he gets on ashwin's podcast

match made in heaven