• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sack Langer

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's worst ever batting performances have been while Langer had either been the batting coach or the head coach. He needs to go.

Gnske

This side knows defeat like a friend. Best to sack anyone involved tbh. The enemy of your enemy is your friend, so we need a side that knows the enemy of the first enemy

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Team talk after the loss today

- I didn't see anyone out there yesterday who looked like they were playing for their country
- You have to make Australians proud and fight for your country
- Gotta earn the Australian public's respect
- There's a difference between abuse and banter Wadey and you crossed the line by calling him fat
- I loved the fight that Greeny showed out there with Patty, that's what the games all about
- We need people to step up in the batting and take control of the game
- Concentrate on every ball and give your 100% to each delivery
- They're a good side but we can do this guys
- Don't play as individuals, we gotta play for the team and stick up for your mates
- Elite honesty, elite mateship, that's what we've got to be all about

Gnske

- I didn't see anyone out there yesterday who looked like they were playing for their country
- There's a difference between abuse and banter Wadey and you crossed the line by calling him fat
- I loved the fight that Greeny showed out there with Patty, that's what the games all about
- Don't play as individuals, we gotta play for the team and stick up for your mates
Add in 30 minute spiel about one percenters and you've nailed it.

Teja.

Global Moderator

Something about how every player has to be a leader and take 'personal ownership'.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Lol at bodyshaming Pant. The elite political correctness

cnerd123

likes this
Was there actually a formal complaint filed somewhere about Wade calling Pant fat? Because that would be amazing if true.

stephen

This is so brilliant it's not even parody.

stephen

This is halba tier kneejerk.
We've passed 300 on a mere 12 occasions out of 37 innings since Langer took over. Ignoring any innings we've lost less than 5 wickets in, we've scored 200 or less 10 times.

Over 1 in 4 innings has been for 200 or less.

Overall, out of the 1519 innings Australia has ever played, 648 have resulted in scores of 300 or more. That's 42%. Langer's record is 32%.

Overall, out of the 1519 innings Australia has ever played, 308 have resulted in scores of 200 or less (min 5 wickets). That's 20%. Langer's record is 27%.

The median score in Australian cricketing history is 268. Under Langer it's 243.

It's clear the team is underperforming under him.

Spark

Global Moderator
I really think you've forgotten about some of the batting in the Hilditch/Arthur/Lehmann eras if you think this is our worst ever batting performances. Like, the team got shot out for sub-100 scores multiple times during that period. They had a 180-run lead in a Test match and were lost within two and a half sessions because of the batting ffs.

stephen

I really think you've forgotten about some of the batting in the Hilditch/Arthur/Lehmann eras if you think this is our worst ever batting performances. Like, the team got shot out for sub-100 scores multiple times during that period. They had a 180-run lead in a Test match and were lost within two and a half sessions because of the batting ffs.
Always on bowling decks. The problem now is that even on roads we're barely getting to 200.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Smith, Warner and Labuschagne have papered over the cracks in the batting more or less since Langer took over.

With two out of nick and another injured I think the paper is tearing.

I'm no fan of Langer (modest intelligence, no self-awareness, comes off as a JFDI type of manager, dickhead generally), but whoever takes over is pretty much re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic, aren't they?