• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA t20 tournament

Marius

International Debutant
A similar thing is happening with The Hundred. I know a number of people with very little previous interest in cricket who have enjoyed going to games. I haven't been to a single one and don't intend to. However, what I won't knock is how it is bringing new people to cricket and that can only be a good thing.
T20 is the gateway drug into cricket.

What made me fall in love with cricket was ODIs, which made me interested in Tests and so on. I'm sure T20 will play the same role for many youngsters today.

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
I expected to see all 9 catchers at the presentation get their cheques. :D
Considering there were about 370 6s I expected more from the crowd. Jacks finished with the most (19) although he only played 7 matches.

Marius

International Debutant
What a tournament, proved the naysayers wrong and was an excellent advert for SA cricket. Now we need to build on the momentum and goodwill and use this to boost our cricket elsewhere, not just during this tournament.

I was at Wanderers yesterday, place was packed and vibe was great, really awesome to be at a packed Bullring again, especially for a domestic game.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is what I was trying to find last night when I posted about the overweight guy bowling 140 clicks.

Oh well.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was watching Magala last night. When I first saw him, I wondered what was going on. Then I saw him pushing it through at 140. It was excellent.

I searched for this thread but didn't find it, so I posted somewhere else about it.

FBU

International Debutant
What a tournament, proved the naysayers wrong and was an excellent advert for SA cricket. Now we need to build on the momentum and goodwill and use this to boost our cricket elsewhere, not just during this tournament.

I was at Wanderers yesterday, place was packed and vibe was great, really awesome to be at a packed Bullring again, especially for a domestic game.
I am already missing it. Won't be watching any T20s till The Blast and expect to see many of the stars going over for that.
I love the grassy cricket banks and bands playing at the grounds, don't get that in England. Such an atmosphere.