• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

S.Warne Could Make A Quick Return To Cricket

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Yea I see what u are getting at Top_cat.

The thing that annoys me is that he put the blame to his mum and then he said it was only one tablet. It is obvious that he took more that one tablet and he has said that by not appealing the ban.

He should have been more careful. I don't see how he could take it without knowing that this would happen. It is just stupidity

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing that annoys me is that he put the blame to his mum and then he said it was only one tablet. It is obvious that he took more that one tablet and he has said that by not appealing the ban.
Indeed. He shouldn't have even mentioned his Mum. He can be a putulant little child sometimes, as can many celebrities. Unfortunately, Shane doesn't have a Dad who was a former president and former head of the CIA to help him out. ;)

He should have been more careful. I don't see how he could take it without knowing that this would happen. It is just stupidity
I agree. He definately should have been well aware of the rules.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not going to happen now.

The Aussie board have deemed it 'inappropriate' for Warney to play for Lashings whilst suspended, despite the fact that the ECB have given the all-clear as far as the legality of it is concerned.

Lashings have also made an approach for Henry Olonga.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
http://www.cricketweb.net/articles/EpulEAZAEpXrQmeXnd.shtml

ACB say no to Warne/Lashings

The Australian Cricket Board has acted to prevent leg-spinner Shane Warne from playing for Kent club side Lashings in 2003.

ACB Spokesman Peter Young said, "On the face of it, it would not appear to be an appropriate activity while he's suspended. We will not be giving approval for Shane to play. Under terms of his ACB contract, Warne needs the ruling body's permission to play any cricket. Australian cricket officials are working with Warne and his manager to determine what he can do to maintain fitness and form during his suspension."

The ECB had earlier okayed the deal, as Lashings is not affiliated to the ECB. Lashings are also attempting to sign World Cup Hero Henry Olonga, to join Warne's former Australian team-mate, Mark Waugh.