• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Russel Arnold Fan Club

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Lolm Styris should've hit that for a 12.

Still Armold is probably my 3rd favourite commentator behind Pommy and Bishop.

I'd put Arnold in my all time SL ODI team ahead of Ranatunga:

Jayasuriya
T Dilshan
Sanga (wk)
Jayawardene (c)
Aravinda
Matthews
Arnold
Vaas
Kulasekera
Malinga
Murali

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
One for the thread if it isn't there already

Agree on Arnold's commentary too, has been good value on the couple of times he has popped up on Aus one day domestic comms this season

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Lolm Styris should've hit that for a 12.

Still Armold is probably my 3rd favourite commentator behind Pommy and Bishop.

I'd put Arnold in my all time SL ODI team ahead of Ranatunga:

Jayasuriya
T Dilshan
Sanga (wk)
Jayawardene (c)
Aravinda
Matthews
Arnold
Vaas
Kulasekera
Malinga
Murali
Arnold easily makes it over Jayawardane. Ranatunga was very comparable to Aravinda, but his peak apepared couple of years before Aravinda.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Russel Arnold Facts: He was Damon Albarn's favourite batsman. Hence, when it came to create characters for Gorillaz, Russel Hobbs was spelt with the single 'l' in recognition of the Great Man's batting exploits.