• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RTD Appreciation Society

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Would he be eligable for England? His statistics are pretty amazing and his fifty in the World Cup against South Africa showed that he has little problem adjusting to good attacks. We all know just how brilliant he is at punishing poor attacks too!

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I thought you had to live in the country for 4 years, which I imagine he is pretty close to. Dont think playing for an associate makes any difference, like joyce played for ireland and suddenly switched

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gelman, y'know, it's just occurred to me... you claim "I only want 1 line in there TBH" yet you find space for "RTDAS". So why not T2IBS too? :@

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought you had to live in the country for 4 years, which I imagine he is pretty close to. Dont think playing for an associate makes any difference, like joyce played for ireland and suddenly switched
I bemoan that the guy would probably have to switch nationality to get decent cricket on a regular basis.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do you think he is good enough to crack the SA team?
RTD or Sinclair?

The answer is no, either way. I'd comfortably pick Albie Morkel ahead of RTD in a batting allrounder role and it's not like they need one anyway as Kallis is in the team already.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Due to his lack of international (test) experience, I'd have a hard time calling a player who has a great record (and don't get me wrong, his record is awesome) in the county/state/province game "great" or him being a "star" player.

His international limited overs stats are a bit misleading since the majority of his games have been against fellow minnow countries (Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Kenya) but the half-century against South Africa in 2007, the 30-odd against Sri Lanka in 2006 in ODI's and the collected 22* against us the other day in T20 shows he at least has talent to play at that level.

As with all players, consistency would be the possible problem. Many players can do 1 pgreat performance and then string 4 or 5 mediocre or poor performances together.

RTD wont play in tests for SA, they have far too many better players, which is a shame cos I think he could be test class. Not top class, but a pretty decent No.6 and 4th seamer added to his very good fielding skills.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Due to his lack of international (test) experience, I'd have a hard time calling a player who has a great record (and don't get me wrong, his record is awesome) in the county/state/province game "great" or a "star".

His internional limited overs stats are a bit misleading since the majority of his games have been against fellow minnow countries (Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Kenya) but the half-century against South Africa in 2007, the 30-odd against Sri Lanka in 2006 in ODI's and the collected 22* against us the other day show he at least has talent at that level.
His First Class record is inflated by matches for Holland against associates too; he averages high 30s with the bat and mid 30s with the ball for Essex IIRC (and I may not).