• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Roy Keane leaves Manure

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's actually one of the few players at Manchester United who can be relied on to try his guts out. When he said those things on the MUTV channel the other week about the kids who didn't give a toss, he went up in my estimation 1000000%.

One of the best British players of the last 20 years, a top Guinness drinker and a thug.

All right in my book. Ex scumbucket though (Nothingham Florists), but at least he left them.

I also nearly barged into him on Abbey Street, Dublin a couple of months ago, on my way to the pub.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. End of an era time. Off to Celtic then presumably? Presumably this means The Evil Empire is pretty confident of getting Ballack, maybe even in the window.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
luckyeddie said:
He's actually one of the few players at Manchester United who can be relied on to try his guts out. When he said those things on the MUTV channel the other week about the kids who didn't give a toss, he went up in my estimation 1000000%.

One of the best British players of the last 20 years, a top Guinness drinker and a thug.

All right in my book.

I also nearly barged into him on Abbey Street, Dublin a couple of months ago, on my way to the pub.
Tuts! Not sure the proud son of Cork would appreciate that... :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Tuts! Not sure the proud son of Cork would appreciate that... :p
British Isles as opposed to Great Britain or the United Kingdom - and I was referring to the fact that he was one of the best players to play for a British club (as opposed to Arsenal who I would describe as French) .

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Incidentally, George Best is back in intensive care again.

That's sad - I really hope he pulls through. The guy was an absolute genius when he had a ball at his feet.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
luckyeddie said:

That's sad - I really hope he pulls through. The guy was an absolute genius when he had a ball at his feet.
Whilst not wishing death on him, it was mighty stupid to carry on drinking like a fish after you've already had a transplant and nearly died.

Keane going was only a matter of time, I think there was a rift there.

Shouldn't this be in the Official English Football thread?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

What does being a good footballer have to do with the guy wanting to be a complete tosser and drink himself to death? How he's lived was his choice and his sins have caught up with him. He brought this upon himself. To quote your first post in the thread, do I really care?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
What does being a good footballer have to do with the guy wanting to be a complete tosser and drink himself to death? How he's lived was his choice and his sins have caught up with him. He brought this upon himself. To quote your first post in the thread, do I really care?
Do you kick tramps when you walk past them too?

priestfan

Cricket Spectator
luckyeddie said:
Do I really care?

I think he was a good warrior in his time unlike the spice girl who quit manutd for real.
The only united players I ever really rate are keane, cantona and that russian winger..have forgotten his name.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well, Keane was the scorer of one of the most important United goals since I've been supporting them (our first one against Juventus in Turin in 1999 European Cup semi) so he'll always be fonly remembered by me.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
At least tramps don't take a kidney that could have gone to someone else - what a waste.
They might - with a bit of gravy, washed down with a couple of cans of Special Brew.

Now that's good eatin'.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Wow. End of an era time. Off to Celtic then presumably? Presumably this means The Evil Empire is pretty confident of getting Ballack, maybe even in the window.

yep it seems that way

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Keane was a fantastic player for Manure - a complete tosser, but a truly great player. He'll be a big loss for them, mostly because he's the only one of their players who seems to actually be a central midfielder, rather than a converted striker/winger/not really anything at all.