• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: Netherlands v Czechia (in Budapest, Hungary)

Who will win?

• Netherlands

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The artists formerly and still mostly known as the Czech Republic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kickoff 27 June, 18.00 local/5pm BST

H2H (competitive): Netherlands 3, drawn 2, Czechia 5 (Czechia knocked Netherlands out of the 2016 Euros in qualifying) - including Czechoslovakia 3-3-8
Euro history: Netherlands champions 1988, semifinals 4 times; Czechia finalists 1996, semifinals 2004 (Czechoslovakia champions 1976, + 2 more semifinals)

Winner plays winner of Wales v Denmark, in Baku, Azerbaijan

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Poor refereeing. Not sure the handball is particularly significant. He gave a foul so should just have sent him off anyway.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I felt like he had a reasonable chance of playing the ball without handling it.

Don’t like this. Czechs are bleak and Netherlands are really fun.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I felt like he had a reasonable chance of playing the ball without handling it.

Don’t like this. Czechs are bleak and Netherlands are really fun.
I feel it's probably karma, after the horrific 2010 WC final, threw all their principles out the window for thuggery, been **** ever since (yeah I may be ignoring the third place in the next World Cup, but still)..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha oh boy

Couple of moments in this match where Netherlands have been absolutely dire in possession

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel it's probably karma, after the horrific 2010 WC final, threw all their principles out the window for thuggery, been **** ever since (yeah I may be ignoring the third place in the next World Cup, but still)..
I feel like the Netherlands could be suffering karma for many things but playing ugly football isn’t one of them.