• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: England v Germany (in London, UK)

Who will win?

• the Daily Mail (England)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • BILD-Zeitung (Germany)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No goals conceded is justification enough I suppose.

If they lose 1-0 to Sweden or whoever playing like that then obviously all the hate will be back.
Yeah it's one of these approaches you can get away with if you win, but will be vilified for if you lose, especially given have so many players that allow them to play a far more pleasing and fluid style

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England were better. I kinda expected the opposite game to the one we got, with Germany controlling more of the ball but giving away a couple of big chances on the counter. The pattern of the game never seemed good for Germany. They’re not really built to withstand that much pressure.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England were better. I kinda expected the opposite game to the one we got, with Germany controlling more of the ball but giving away a couple of big chances on the counter. The pattern of the game never seemed good for Germany. They’re not really built to withstand that much pressure.
I don't know what Germany were really trying to do apart from the first 10 minutes when they actually looked pretty good. Having said that it could have easily gone the other way.